Re: [NTO] Anyone familiar with HTTrack website copier?

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 18, 2009
      I'm not interested in legal advise, Axel - only technical assistance! ;)

      But, thanks anyway.
      -Mike
      ===============================
      Axel Berger wrote:
      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > > If I could download the from pages from the links to my
      > > page using HTTrack website copier I would then have info
      > > i was referencing from may pages.
      >
      > As this is off-topic anyway, I'll risk not answering your question and
      > saying something else:
      >
      > You are aware, aren't you, that what you plan to do is ver ydiffernt
      > from linking and is actually stealing copyrighted material? This could
      > land you in big trouble, if you do it to the wrong person.
      >
      > In Germany there actually is a couple running a rather meaningless web
      > site decorated with generic looking pictures. Their real job is trawling
      > the web for copies of those photoes and then sueing and charging
      > exorbitant damages. Seems to be a nice little earner for them.
      >
      > Axel

      > Virus Database (VPS): 091218-1, 12/18/2009
      > Tested on: 12/18/2009 7:03:55 PM

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
        AL Guevara wrote:

        > Ive been using this sporadically,
        > http://www.spadixbd .com/backstreet/ index.htm
        > <http://www.spadixbd.com/backstreet/index.htm>
        > for years, but I dont steal content, just when needed for lost Ftp
        > password cases
        > Free, works great Al Guevara

        Thanks. I will give it a try.
        -Mike
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
          AL Guevara wrote:

          > Ive been using this sporadically,
          > http://www.spadixbd .com/backstreet/ index.htm
          > <http://www.spadixbd.com/backstreet/index.htm>
          > for years, but I dont steal content, just when needed for lost Ftp
          > password cases Free, works great Al Guevara

          I cannot get it to download external links.

          -Mike
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
            Mike Breiding wrote:
            >Anyone familiar with HTTrack website copier?

            Yes, but it's been a while.

            >I tried numerous options from the Set Options, but nothing seems to work.

            http://www.httrack.com/html/step9_opt2.html
          • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
              loro wrote:

              > Mike Breiding wrote:
              > >Anyone familiar with HTTrack website copier?
              > Yes, but it's been a while.
              >
              > >I tried numerous options from the Set Options, but nothing seems to work.
              >
              > http://www.httrack com/html/ step9_opt2. html
              > <http://www.httrack.com/html/step9_opt2.html>

              Been there, done that!
              Not sure why it won't work.

              But - the FF extension DownloadThemAll does a great job.
              Never tried it before and it is quite handy.

              Thanks,
              -Mike
            • AL Guevara
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
                Xenu will do that.

                http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

                From: loro <tabbie@...>
                To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
                Subject: Re: [NTO] Anyone familiar with HTTrack website copier?

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
                  BackStreet does not do that, but their RafaBot 1.5 does that, at $49,
                  http://www.spadixbd.com/rafabot/index.htm

                  So does their free, URL Generator
                  http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/urlgen.htm#

                  URL Generator
                  Create a list of URL's based on the field values you enter, the list can then be saved from the program and loaded into offline downloader program like RafaBot and similar.

                  Xenu does site maps, for Free, int. and ext.

                  http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

                  Al Guevara

                  From: "Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV" <mike@...>
                  To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com