Anyone familiar with HTTrack website copier?

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 18, 2009
      Howdy
      Anyone familiar with HTTrack website copier?

      I am trying to download specific pages and having no luck.

      What I want to accomplish is downloading a parent page and any page
      which is linked to it.
      Example:
      http://epicroadtrips.us/2009/sept/ca/d4/
      has links I would like to download only the from page from.

      I like to link to other page from my site by find many of them are gone
      in a short time.
      If I could download the from pages from the links to my page using
      HTTrack website copier I would then have info i was referencing from may
      pages.

      I tried numerous options from the Set Options, but nothing seems to work.
      -Mike

      --

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us

      --

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 18, 2009
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > If I could download the from pages from the links to my
        > page using HTTrack website copier I would then have info
        > i was referencing from may pages.

        As this is off-topic anyway, I'll risk not answering your question and
        saying something else:

        You are aware, aren't you, that what you plan to do is ver ydiffernt
        from linking and is actually stealing copyrighted material? This could
        land you in big trouble, if you do it to the wrong person.

        In Germany there actually is a couple running a rather meaningless web
        site decorated with generic looking pictures. Their real job is trawling
        the web for copies of those photoes and then sueing and charging
        exorbitant damages. Seems to be a nice little earner for them.

        Axel
      • AL Guevara
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 18, 2009
          Ive been using this sporadically,
          http://www.spadixbd.com/backstreet/index.htm
          for years, but I dont steal content, just when needed for lost Ftp password cases
          Free, works great

          Al Guevara

          From: "Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV" <mike@...>
          To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: [NTO] Anyone familiar with HTTrack website copier?

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 18, 2009
            I'm not interested in legal advise, Axel - only technical assistance! ;)

            But, thanks anyway.
            -Mike
            ===============================

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
              AL Guevara wrote:

              > Ive been using this sporadically,
              > http://www.spadixbd .com/backstreet/ index.htm
              > <http://www.spadixbd.com/backstreet/index.htm>
              > for years, but I dont steal content, just when needed for lost Ftp
              > password cases
              > Free, works great Al Guevara

              Thanks. I will give it a try.
              -Mike
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
                AL Guevara wrote:

                > Ive been using this sporadically,
                > http://www.spadixbd .com/backstreet/ index.htm
                > <http://www.spadixbd.com/backstreet/index.htm>
                > for years, but I dont steal content, just when needed for lost Ftp
                > password cases Free, works great Al Guevara

                I cannot get it to download external links.

                -Mike
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
                  Mike Breiding wrote:
                  >Anyone familiar with HTTrack website copier?

                  Yes, but it's been a while.

                  >I tried numerous options from the Set Options, but nothing seems to work.

                  http://www.httrack.com/html/step9_opt2.html
                • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                  Message 8 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
                    loro wrote:

                    > Mike Breiding wrote:
                    > >Anyone familiar with HTTrack website copier?
                    > Yes, but it's been a while.
                    >
                    > >I tried numerous options from the Set Options, but nothing seems to work.
                    >
                    > http://www.httrack com/html/ step9_opt2. html
                    > <http://www.httrack.com/html/step9_opt2.html>

                    Been there, done that!
                    Not sure why it won't work.

                    But - the FF extension DownloadThemAll does a great job.
                    Never tried it before and it is quite handy.

                    Thanks,
                    -Mike
                  • AL Guevara
                    Message 9 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
                      Xenu will do that.

                      http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html

                      From: loro <tabbie@...>
                      To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 10 , Dec 19, 2009
                        BackStreet does not do that, but their RafaBot 1.5 does that, at $49,
                        http://www.spadixbd.com/rafabot/index.htm

                        So does their free, URL Generator
                        http://www.spadixbd.com/freetools/urlgen.htm#

                        URL Generator
                        Create a list of URL's based on the field values you enter, the list can then be saved from the program and loaded into offline downloader program like RafaBot and similar.

                        Xenu does site maps, for Free, int. and ext.

                        From: "Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV" <mike@...>
                        To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com