Re: [NTO] Presentation freeware

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 22, 2009
      Hi Bob,

      On 22 Nov 09 11:28 "Bob Janes" <bob.janes@...>
      said:
      > The actual files are identical, the suffix changes the execution
      > action. A '.ppt' file opens in PowerPoint for editing; a '.pps' file
      > opens as a slide presentation.

      Wonderful! That means use OOo. Save the file as .ppt and then rename
      it before running it on the host computer used to make the
      presentation!

      Problem solved!

      Never know! The OP might actually learn to like OOo better than the
      prospect of upgrading MS Office2000. It's what happened to me! :-)

      Greg
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 22, 2009
        Greg Chapman wrote:
        > Hi Hugh,
        >
        > On 22 Nov 09 04:11 hsavage <hsavage@...> said:
        >> If you haven't found a replacement for PowerPoint yet OpenOffice
        >> will load and save .pps files. You're presented with a notice
        >> suggesting you might want to save the file in .odp format but you
        >> can override it.
        >>
        >> I received a PP Presentation via email, loaded it, saved it and had
        >> copies in both formats.
        >
        > Was that really .pps. I've got OOo 3.1.1 (Build 9420) and that only
        > refers to .ppt
        >
        > (Haven't actualy tried it - and it's years since I played with
        > PoerPoint, but isn't .pps the auto-running format, whereas .ppt
        > requires a copy of PowerPoint installed? The OP was looking for .pps.)
        >
        > Greg

        Greg,

        Yes, that's really .pps, it's sitting on my Desktop right now.

        ºvº SL_day# 326 - created 2009.11.22_09.42.34

        The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
        • -Andy Rooney

        € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com