Re: [NTO] Great PDF viewer (tip)

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
      PDFzilla is good too.

      loro wrote:
      > Hi!
      >
      > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
      > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
      > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
      > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
      > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
      > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
      >
      > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
      > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
      > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
      >
      > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
      >
      > Lotta

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      Flockmaster,

      http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/
    • john041650
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
        I agree Lotta. I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

        John

        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
        > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
        > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
        > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
        > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
        > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
        >
        > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
        > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
        > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
        >
        > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
        >
        > Lotta

      • john041650
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
          --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

          > > >"Save as RTF"?
          > -Mike

          FWIW I use the following program to do that (but it's not free)

          http://nuancesoftwareonline.com/US/pdf_converter_professional.html

          John
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
            john041650 wrote:
            > I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so
            > now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

            Unfortunately it doesn't run under Win98. But all the command line
            tools, that come with it, do, and they are great to have. I use them a
            lot.

            Axel
          • David Smart
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
              I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
              copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text".

              Regards, Dave S

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                David Smart wrote:
                > I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
                > copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text". Regards, Dave S

                Musta been one of my ever more frequent senior moments.
                -mb

                Morgantown WV

                www.EpicRoadTrips.us