Re: [NTO] Great PDF viewer (tip)

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already
      > uninstalled it and I cannot double check.

      I still use it all the time. I don't quite remember what it was I
      disliked about 6, possibly just it being bigger and slower, but it
      brought nothing worth anything to me. Version 7, which does have some
      nice additions like saving pictures, does not run on my OS.

      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
        Hugo wrote:
        > > You don't seriously expect me to read the help file, do you? Ha! That
        > > won't happen anytime soon.
        >
        >Didn't know you was a man ;-)!

        Chromosome issues. Hush!

        Lotta
      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
          PDFzilla is good too.

          loro wrote:
          > Hi!
          >
          > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
          > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
          > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
          > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
          > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
          > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
          >
          > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
          > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
          > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
          >
          > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
          >
          > Lotta

          Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
          Flockmaster,

          http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/
        • john041650
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
            I agree Lotta. I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

            John

            --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

            > Hi!
            >
            > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
            > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
            > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
            > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
            > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
            > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
            >
            > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
            > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
            > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
            >
            > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
            >
            > Lotta

          • john041650
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
              --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

              > > >"Save as RTF"?
              > -Mike

              FWIW I use the following program to do that (but it's not free)

              http://nuancesoftwareonline.com/US/pdf_converter_professional.html

              John
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                john041650 wrote:
                > I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so
                > now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

                Unfortunately it doesn't run under Win98. But all the command line
                tools, that come with it, do, and they are great to have. I use them a
                lot.

                Axel
              • David Smart
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                  I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
                  copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text".

                  Regards, Dave S

                  >> I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already
                  >> uninstalled it and I cannot double check.
                  >
                  > I still use it all the time. I don't quite remember what it was I
                  > disliked about 6, possibly just it being bigger and slower, but it
                  > brought nothing worth anything to me. Version 7, which does have some
                  > nice additions like saving pictures, does not run on my OS.
                  >
                  > Axel

                  18:03:00
                • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                    David Smart wrote:
                    > I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
                    > copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text". Regards, Dave S

                    Musta been one of my ever more frequent senior moments.
                    -mb

                    Morgantown WV

                    www.EpicRoadTrips.us