Re: [NTO] Great PDF viewer (tip)

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
      Axel Berger wrote:
      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > > Does it have "Text Select and Copy" "Find" and "Save as RTF"?
      > > I am using the Acro 5.0, but some say this version is vulnerable
      >
      > Your question surprises me a bit. To my knowledge AR5 does not export
      > RTF either. But you can import PDF into OpenOffice 3, I believe. Perhaps
      > that would serve your needs.

      Hmmm...
      I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already uninstalled it
      and I cannot double check.

      -Mike
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already
        > uninstalled it and I cannot double check.

        I still use it all the time. I don't quite remember what it was I
        disliked about 6, possibly just it being bigger and slower, but it
        brought nothing worth anything to me. Version 7, which does have some
        nice additions like saving pictures, does not run on my OS.

        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
          Hugo wrote:
          > > You don't seriously expect me to read the help file, do you? Ha! That
          > > won't happen anytime soon.
          >
          >Didn't know you was a man ;-)!

          Chromosome issues. Hush!

          Lotta
        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
            PDFzilla is good too.

            loro wrote:
            > Hi!
            >
            > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
            > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
            > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
            > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
            > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
            > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
            >
            > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
            > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
            > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
            >
            > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
            >
            > Lotta

            Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
            Flockmaster,

            http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/
          • john041650
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
              I agree Lotta. I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

              John

              --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

              > Hi!
              >
              > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
              > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
              > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
              > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
              > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
              > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
              >
              > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
              > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
              > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
              >
              > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
              >
              > Lotta

            • john041650
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

                > > >"Save as RTF"?
                > -Mike

                FWIW I use the following program to do that (but it's not free)

                http://nuancesoftwareonline.com/US/pdf_converter_professional.html

                John
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                  john041650 wrote:
                  > I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so
                  > now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

                  Unfortunately it doesn't run under Win98. But all the command line
                  tools, that come with it, do, and they are great to have. I use them a
                  lot.

                  Axel
                • David Smart
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                    I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
                    copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text".

                    Regards, Dave S

                    >> I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already
                    >> uninstalled it and I cannot double check.
                    >
                    > I still use it all the time. I don't quite remember what it was I
                    > disliked about 6, possibly just it being bigger and slower, but it
                    > brought nothing worth anything to me. Version 7, which does have some
                    > nice additions like saving pictures, does not run on my OS.
                    >
                    > Axel

                    18:03:00
                  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                      David Smart wrote:
                      > I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
                      > copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text". Regards, Dave S

                      Musta been one of my ever more frequent senior moments.
                      -mb

                      Morgantown WV

                      www.EpicRoadTrips.us