Re: [NTO] Great PDF viewer (tip)

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
      Thanks for double checking and the links.
      -Mike
      ===========
      loro wrote:

      > Mike Breiding
      > >You "don't think so", or it does not?? ;)
      >
      > You don't seriously expect me to read the help file, do you? Ha! That
      > won't happen anytime soon. It isn't under Save As and not under
      > Export, so I don't think it's there. You probably need to get one of
      > their paid programs for that. It can export to an image though! :-)
      >
      > There seems to be free PDF to RTF tools though. What about this bunch
      > of converters?
      > <http://www.officeco nvert.com/ download. htm
      > <http://www.officeconvert.com/download.htm>> (freeware at the bottom
      > of the page) >
      > Lotta

      > Virus Database (VPS): 090901-0, 09/01/2009
      > Tested on: 9/2/2009 9:41:06 AM

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
        Axel Berger wrote:
        > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > > Does it have "Text Select and Copy" "Find" and "Save as RTF"?
        > > I am using the Acro 5.0, but some say this version is vulnerable
        >
        > Your question surprises me a bit. To my knowledge AR5 does not export
        > RTF either. But you can import PDF into OpenOffice 3, I believe. Perhaps
        > that would serve your needs.

        Hmmm...
        I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already uninstalled it
        and I cannot double check.

        -Mike
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
          Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already
          > uninstalled it and I cannot double check.

          I still use it all the time. I don't quite remember what it was I
          disliked about 6, possibly just it being bigger and slower, but it
          brought nothing worth anything to me. Version 7, which does have some
          nice additions like saving pictures, does not run on my OS.

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
            Hugo wrote:
            > > You don't seriously expect me to read the help file, do you? Ha! That
            > > won't happen anytime soon.
            >
            >Didn't know you was a man ;-)!

            Chromosome issues. Hush!

            Lotta
          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
              PDFzilla is good too.

              loro wrote:
              > Hi!
              >
              > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
              > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
              > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
              > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
              > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
              > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
              >
              > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
              > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
              > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
              >
              > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
              >
              > Lotta

              Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
              Flockmaster,

              http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/
            • john041650
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                I agree Lotta. I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

                John

                --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

                > Hi!
                >
                > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
                > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
                > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
                > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
                > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
                > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
                >
                > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
                > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
                > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
                >
                > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
                >
                > Lotta

              • john041650
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                  --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

                  > > >"Save as RTF"?
                  > -Mike

                  FWIW I use the following program to do that (but it's not free)

                  http://nuancesoftwareonline.com/US/pdf_converter_professional.html

                  John
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                    john041650 wrote:
                    > I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so
                    > now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

                    Unfortunately it doesn't run under Win98. But all the command line
                    tools, that come with it, do, and they are great to have. I use them a
                    lot.

                    Axel
                  • David Smart
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                      I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
                      copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text".

                      Regards, Dave S

                      >> I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already
                      >> uninstalled it and I cannot double check.
                      >
                      > I still use it all the time. I don't quite remember what it was I
                      > disliked about 6, possibly just it being bigger and slower, but it
                      > brought nothing worth anything to me. Version 7, which does have some
                      > nice additions like saving pictures, does not run on my OS.
                      >
                      > Axel

                      18:03:00
                    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
                        David Smart wrote:
                        > I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
                        > copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text". Regards, Dave S

                        Musta been one of my ever more frequent senior moments.
                        -mb

                        Morgantown WV

                        www.EpicRoadTrips.us