Great PDF viewer (tip)

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 2 2:33 AM
      Hi!

      Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
      I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
      back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
      good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
      full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
      and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...

      If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
      small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
      exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.

      <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>

      Lotta
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2 4:09 AM
        loro wrote:
        > Hi!
        > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. <SNIP>

        Hi Lotta,
        Does it have "Text Select and Copy" "Find" and "Save as RTF"?

        I am using the Acro 5.0, but some say this version is vulnerable to
        spyware, hijacking, etc.

        -Mike
        =================
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 2 5:45 AM
          Mike Breiding wrote:

          Such complicated questions! I hate PDF files, I just have to handle
          them sometimes and I like to play with the annotation tools.

          >Does it have "Text Select and Copy"

          Yes.

          >"Find"

          Absolutely.

          >"Save as RTF"?

          Nah. Don't think so.

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 2 5:53 AM
            loro wrote:
            > Mike Breiding wrote:
            >
            > Such complicated questions! I hate PDF files, I just have to handle
            > them sometimes and I like to play with the annotation tools.
            >
            > >Does it have "Text Select and Copy"
            >
            > Yes.
            >
            > >"Find"
            >
            > Absolutely.
            >
            > >"Save as RTF"?
            >
            > Nah. Don't think so.

            You "don't think so", or it does not?? ;)
            -Mike

            > Lotta

            > Virus Database (VPS): 090901-0, 09/01/2009
            > Tested on: 9/2/2009 8:51:48 AM

            Morgantown WV

            www.EpicRoadTrips.us
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 2 6:19 AM
              Mike Breiding
              >You "don't think so", or it does not?? ;)

              You don't seriously expect me to read the help file, do you? Ha! That
              won't happen anytime soon. It isn't under Save As and not under
              Export, so I don't think it's there. You probably need to get one of
              their paid programs for that. It can export to an image though! :-)

              There seems to be free PDF to RTF tools though. What about this bunch
              of converters?
              <http://www.officeconvert.com/download.htm> (freeware at the bottom
              of the page)

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 2 6:25 AM
                Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                > Does it have "Text Select and Copy" "Find" and "Save as RTF"?
                > I am using the Acro 5.0, but some say this version is vulnerable

                Your question surprises me a bit. To my knowledge AR5 does not export
                RTF either. But you can import PDF into OpenOffice 3, I believe. Perhaps
                that would serve your needs.

                Axel
              • Hugo Paulissen
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 2 6:38 AM

                  > You don't seriously expect me to read the help file, do you? Ha! That
                  > won't happen anytime soon.

                  Didn't know you was a man ;-)!

                  Hugo

                • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 2 6:46 AM
                    Thanks for double checking and the links.
                    -Mike
                    ===========
                    loro wrote:

                    > Mike Breiding
                    > >You "don't think so", or it does not?? ;)
                    >
                    > You don't seriously expect me to read the help file, do you? Ha! That
                    > won't happen anytime soon. It isn't under Save As and not under
                    > Export, so I don't think it's there. You probably need to get one of
                    > their paid programs for that. It can export to an image though! :-)
                    >
                    > There seems to be free PDF to RTF tools though. What about this bunch
                    > of converters?
                    > <http://www.officeco nvert.com/ download. htm
                    > <http://www.officeconvert.com/download.htm>> (freeware at the bottom
                    > of the page) >
                    > Lotta

                    > Virus Database (VPS): 090901-0, 09/01/2009
                    > Tested on: 9/2/2009 9:41:06 AM

                    Morgantown WV

                    www.EpicRoadTrips.us
                  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 2 6:51 AM
                      Axel Berger wrote:
                      > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                      > > Does it have "Text Select and Copy" "Find" and "Save as RTF"?
                      > > I am using the Acro 5.0, but some say this version is vulnerable
                      >
                      > Your question surprises me a bit. To my knowledge AR5 does not export
                      > RTF either. But you can import PDF into OpenOffice 3, I believe. Perhaps
                      > that would serve your needs.

                      Hmmm...
                      I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already uninstalled it
                      and I cannot double check.

                      -Mike
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 2 7:06 AM
                        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                        > I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already
                        > uninstalled it and I cannot double check.

                        I still use it all the time. I don't quite remember what it was I
                        disliked about 6, possibly just it being bigger and slower, but it
                        brought nothing worth anything to me. Version 7, which does have some
                        nice additions like saving pictures, does not run on my OS.

                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 2 7:33 AM
                          Hugo wrote:
                          > > You don't seriously expect me to read the help file, do you? Ha! That
                          > > won't happen anytime soon.
                          >
                          >Didn't know you was a man ;-)!

                          Chromosome issues. Hush!

                          Lotta
                        • Jeff
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 2 8:01 AM
                            PDFzilla is good too.

                            loro wrote:
                            > Hi!
                            >
                            > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
                            > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
                            > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
                            > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
                            > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
                            > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
                            >
                            > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
                            > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
                            > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
                            >
                            > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
                            >
                            > Lotta

                            Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
                            Flockmaster,

                            http://ibssg.org/blacksheep/
                          • john041650
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 2 8:22 AM
                              I agree Lotta. I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

                              John

                              --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, loro <tabbie@...> wrote:

                              > Hi!
                              >
                              > Found this great PDF viewer a while ago, PDF-XChange Viewer. Earlier
                              > I have only tried FoxIt, the only one I could find a year or two
                              > back. FoxIt issmall and nice, but the documents doesn't look that
                              > good and it doesn't have many features. This one has. It comes with a
                              > full set of annotation tools. You can type, create bubbles and boxes
                              > and links, highlight, underline, cross out text...
                              >
                              > If you haven't tried it - do. It's totally free and even if not as
                              > small as FoxIt, it's a lot smaller than the monster from Adobe. The
                              > exe is about 9 MB and there isn't much else.
                              >
                              > <http://www.docu-track.com/home/prod_user/PDF-XChange_Tools/pdfx_viewer>
                              >
                              > Lotta

                            • john041650
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 2 8:25 AM
                                --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV <mike@...> wrote:

                                > > >"Save as RTF"?
                                > -Mike

                                FWIW I use the following program to do that (but it's not free)

                                http://nuancesoftwareonline.com/US/pdf_converter_professional.html

                                John
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 2 8:38 AM
                                  john041650 wrote:
                                  > I've been using that pdf viewer for a couple years or so
                                  > now and have liked it enough to purchase the Pro version.

                                  Unfortunately it doesn't run under Win98. But all the command line
                                  tools, that come with it, do, and they are great to have. I use them a
                                  lot.

                                  Axel
                                • David Smart
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Sep 2 3:16 PM
                                    I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
                                    copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text".

                                    Regards, Dave S

                                    >> I woulda sworn AR5 could Save As RTF. But I have already
                                    >> uninstalled it and I cannot double check.
                                    >
                                    > I still use it all the time. I don't quite remember what it was I
                                    > disliked about 6, possibly just it being bigger and slower, but it
                                    > brought nothing worth anything to me. Version 7, which does have some
                                    > nice additions like saving pictures, does not run on my OS.
                                    >
                                    > Axel

                                    18:03:00
                                  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Sep 2 4:03 PM
                                      David Smart wrote:
                                      > I'm using AR9, and it does not seem to have a "save as RTF". It has "save a
                                      > copy" (i.e. as PDF) and "save as text". Regards, Dave S

                                      Musta been one of my ever more frequent senior moments.
                                      -mb

                                      Morgantown WV

                                      www.EpicRoadTrips.us