Re: [NTO] Quick ftp downloads

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
      Hi,

      wget on Linux. (command line. very powerful).

      Cygwin. powerful, has wget in it. But, lots of command line, and many are
      not have the time, not willing to figure out how to install and use.

      I see @ next a wget for Win at sourceforge (I'm unaware how its features
      compare to its Linux relative)

      http://www.google.com/search?q=wget&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
      *
      *
      filezilla had very good reputation (ftp client) but I don't know if it does
      what you want to do.

      rsync client if the ftp server also allows rsync connection(s).

      Alan.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
        Alan C wrote:
        > wget on Linux. (command line. very powerful).

        Good suggestion. Mike, you need not use the command line every time. You
        may well be able to wrap a batch around it and place that into yout
        context menu to achieve just the kind of functionality you're looking
        for.

        Axel
      • fw7oaks
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
          --- On Sat, 8/29/09, Alan C <acummingsus@...> wrote:

          [snip]

          > filezilla had very good reputation (ftp client) but I don't know
          > if it does what you want to do.

          For the 'ftp' bit, it should, for the 'cron' bit you'd need something else PLUS it now only plays with XP and above, not even Win2K is supported.

          fw
        • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
            Alan C wrote:
            > Hi,>
            > wget on Linux. (command line. very powerful).
            >
            > Cygwin. powerful, has wget in it. But, lots of command line, and many are
            > not have the time, not willing to figure out how to install and use.
            >
            > I see @ next a wget for Win at sourceforge (I'm unaware how its features
            > compare to its Linux relative)

            I Ttook a look at this and it was not GUI enough for me.

            Thanks for the ideas, folks.
            -Mike
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
              Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
              > I Ttook a look at this and it was not GUI enough for me.

              Agreed, but don't write it off completely. You need only write a batch
              for your needs once and place it into your context menu once, from then
              on you never need to see the command line again.