RE: [NTO] Apache Server

  • Mick Housel
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 29, 2009
      I believe it points to htdocs, which is the "root" for all html/web files in
      Xampp and is lateral to the apache directory. However, I haven't tested that
      so can't be absolutely sure.

      Mick

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 29, 2009
        Mick Housel wrote:
        >I believe it points to htdocs, which is the "root" for all html/web files in
        >Xampp and is lateral to the apache directory. However, I haven't tested that
        >so can't be absolutely sure.

        No, Axel's .htaccess uses the absolute server path, not an URL. I
        don't think it matters if you install Apache bundled with other
        applications, it will still be Apache, it's just the installation
        process that's made easier with an already edited httpd.conf and so on.

        Lotta
      • stephen@dennisandstephen.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 29, 2009
          > stephen@... wrote:
          >> I have a folder on my D:\ drive set as the Apache root, which is
          >> not the same as the Unix root,
          >
          > I don't know Apache root, do you mean the Server Root? If so, I know
          > about it and have it set, but the AuthUserFile path deliberately starts
          > at the unix root for reasons of safety.

          That is what I meant (Server Root,) and as you know, there is no root in
          Microsoft.

          > But I've solved it for now by adding some file moving commands to my
          > starting and ending batches for Apache. I ussually do not update the
          > remote server while Apache is running.
          >
          > Danke
          > Axel

          Good idea.