Re: [NTO] Quick ftp downloads

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
      Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
      > See: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/sendtoftp.html

      Says:
      > SendTo FTP allows you to upload files from the
      > Windows Explorer right-click menu.

      Are you sure you're happy with that? I vastly prefer Totalcommander to
      the Windows Explorer (never use the latter at all) and in Totalcomander
      it's all built in.

      Sorry, if this is not helpful.

      Axel
    • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
        Axel Berger wrote:
        > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > > See: http://www.snapfile s.com/get/ sendtoftp. html
        > <http://www.snapfiles.com/get/sendtoftp.html>
        >
        > Says:
        > > SendTo FTP allows you to upload files from the
        > > Windows Explorer right-click menu.
        >
        > Are you sure you're happy with that?

        Yes. Suits my needs perfectly.

        -mb
      • Alan C
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
          Hi,

          wget on Linux. (command line. very powerful).

          Cygwin. powerful, has wget in it. But, lots of command line, and many are
          not have the time, not willing to figure out how to install and use.

          I see @ next a wget for Win at sourceforge (I'm unaware how its features
          compare to its Linux relative)

          http://www.google.com/search?q=wget&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
          *
          *
          filezilla had very good reputation (ftp client) but I don't know if it does
          what you want to do.

          rsync client if the ftp server also allows rsync connection(s).

          Alan.

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
            Alan C wrote:
            > wget on Linux. (command line. very powerful).

            Good suggestion. Mike, you need not use the command line every time. You
            may well be able to wrap a batch around it and place that into yout
            context menu to achieve just the kind of functionality you're looking
            for.

            Axel
          • fw7oaks
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
              --- On Sat, 8/29/09, Alan C <acummingsus@...> wrote:

              [snip]

              > filezilla had very good reputation (ftp client) but I don't know
              > if it does what you want to do.

              For the 'ftp' bit, it should, for the 'cron' bit you'd need something else PLUS it now only plays with XP and above, not even Win2K is supported.

              fw
            • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
                Alan C wrote:
                > Hi,>
                > wget on Linux. (command line. very powerful).
                >
                > Cygwin. powerful, has wget in it. But, lots of command line, and many are
                > not have the time, not willing to figure out how to install and use.
                >
                > I see @ next a wget for Win at sourceforge (I'm unaware how its features
                > compare to its Linux relative)

                I Ttook a look at this and it was not GUI enough for me.

                Thanks for the ideas, folks.
                -Mike
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
                  Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                  > I Ttook a look at this and it was not GUI enough for me.

                  Agreed, but don't write it off completely. You need only write a batch
                  for your needs once and place it into your context menu once, from then
                  on you never need to see the command line again.