Quick ftp downloads

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
      Greetings,

      Anyone know of an FTP client which does the reverse of SendTo FTP?
      See: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/sendtoftp.html

      What I would like to do it be able run a small client which would Run,
      then automatically download all new files from the specified host to a
      specified local folder, then close.

      Thanks,
      -Mike

      --

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
        Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
        > See: http://www.snapfiles.com/get/sendtoftp.html

        Says:
        > SendTo FTP allows you to upload files from the
        > Windows Explorer right-click menu.

        Are you sure you're happy with that? I vastly prefer Totalcommander to
        the Windows Explorer (never use the latter at all) and in Totalcomander
        it's all built in.

        Sorry, if this is not helpful.

        Axel
      • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
          Axel Berger wrote:
          > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > > See: http://www.snapfile s.com/get/ sendtoftp. html
          > <http://www.snapfiles.com/get/sendtoftp.html>
          >
          > Says:
          > > SendTo FTP allows you to upload files from the
          > > Windows Explorer right-click menu.
          >
          > Are you sure you're happy with that?

          Yes. Suits my needs perfectly.

          -mb
        • Alan C
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
            Hi,

            wget on Linux. (command line. very powerful).

            Cygwin. powerful, has wget in it. But, lots of command line, and many are
            not have the time, not willing to figure out how to install and use.

            I see @ next a wget for Win at sourceforge (I'm unaware how its features
            compare to its Linux relative)

            http://www.google.com/search?q=wget&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
            *
            *
            filezilla had very good reputation (ftp client) but I don't know if it does
            what you want to do.

            rsync client if the ftp server also allows rsync connection(s).

            Alan.

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
              Alan C wrote:
              > wget on Linux. (command line. very powerful).

              Good suggestion. Mike, you need not use the command line every time. You
              may well be able to wrap a batch around it and place that into yout
              context menu to achieve just the kind of functionality you're looking
              for.

              Axel
            • fw7oaks
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 29, 2009
                --- On Sat, 8/29/09, Alan C <acummingsus@...> wrote:

                [snip]

                > filezilla had very good reputation (ftp client) but I don't know
                > if it does what you want to do.

                For the 'ftp' bit, it should, for the 'cron' bit you'd need something else PLUS it now only plays with XP and above, not even Win2K is supported.

                fw
              • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
                  Alan C wrote:
                  > Hi,>
                  > wget on Linux. (command line. very powerful).
                  >
                  > Cygwin. powerful, has wget in it. But, lots of command line, and many are
                  > not have the time, not willing to figure out how to install and use.
                  >
                  > I see @ next a wget for Win at sourceforge (I'm unaware how its features
                  > compare to its Linux relative)

                  I Ttook a look at this and it was not GUI enough for me.

                  Thanks for the ideas, folks.
                  -Mike
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 31, 2009
                    Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
                    > I Ttook a look at this and it was not GUI enough for me.

                    Agreed, but don't write it off completely. You need only write a batch
                    for your needs once and place it into your context menu once, from then
                    on you never need to see the command line again.