Re: [NTO] image overflow

    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 27 11:45 AM
      Greg Chapman wrote:
      > Someone will have to tell me exactly how those figures are
      > derived and whether they have any meaning in the modern world.

      The main thing is that all that asks the wrong question. What one really
      needs to know ist what the window dimensions are, the screen is beside
      the point. There even are people running a virtual screen several times
      the size of the physical one so they can scroll between their windows or
      for a two-screen setup. Imagine their joy, when some script opens a
      window at full screen and without resize.

      Sadly it is far easier to ask for the screen dimensions than the window
      ones, which are one the things older IE versions did differently from
      everybody else. All too many Javascripters ask for screen dimensions and
      do things that are wrong for the window. Zooming in new IE and Opera
      versions makes things even more difficult but manageable.

      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 27 11:45 AM