FTP question

  • Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2009
      Greetings,

      Does anyone know of an FTP client which will allow the directory
      structure to be built when downloading from the server *and* using file
      filters to limit which file types are being downloaded.

      What I want to do is download only the directory structure and HTML
      files (no images) to a machine so I can edit them if need be.

      Thanks,
      -Mike

      --

      Morgantown WV

      www.EpicRoadTrips.us
    • Vance E. Neff
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 25, 2009
        Mike,

        You might want to check out:
        http://www.httrack.com

        Vance

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 25, 2009
          Vance E. Neff wrote:
          > Mike,
          > You might want to check out:
          > http://www.httrack com <http://www.httrack.com> Vance

          Ha! I missed the obvious. I use HTTrack on and off but had not though
          about using it for this purpose.
          I set up the file filters and it worked great.
          Thanks!
          -Mike

          > Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
          > > Greetings,
          > >
          > > Does anyone know of an FTP client which will allow the directory
          > > structure to be built when downloading from the server *and* using file
          > > filters to limit which file types are being downloaded.
          > >
          > > What I want to do is download only the directory structure and HTML
          > > files (no images) to a machine so I can edit them if need be.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > -Mike

          > Virus Database (VPS): 090824-0, 08/24/2009
          > Tested on: 8/25/2009 8:33:34 AM

          Morgantown WV

          www.EpicRoadTrips.us
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 25, 2009
            Mike Breiding - Morgantown WV wrote:
            > Does anyone know of an FTP client which will allow the directory
            > structure to be built when downloading from the server *and* using
            > file filters to limit which file types are being downloaded.

            That's just what I use the Totalcommander for all the time.