Re: [NTO] Squiggly fonts on TFT

  • stephen@dennisandstephen.com
    Message 1 of 42 , Aug 24, 2009
      Hi Lotta,
      I would blame it all on font smoothing. This kind of thing causes very
      pretty but migriane-like visions on my laptops.
      Check different levels of font smoothing and see what happens.

      Message 42 of 42 , Aug 27, 2009
        Greg Chapman wrote:
        > Someone will have to tell me exactly how those figures are
        > derived and whether they have any meaning in the modern world.

        The main thing is that all that asks the wrong question. What one really
        needs to know ist what the window dimensions are, the screen is beside
        the point. There even are people running a virtual screen several times
        the size of the physical one so they can scroll between their windows or
        for a two-screen setup. Imagine their joy, when some script opens a
        window at full screen and without resize.

        Sadly it is far easier to ask for the screen dimensions than the window
        ones, which are one the things older IE versions did differently from
        everybody else. All too many Javascripters ask for screen dimensions and
        do things that are wrong for the window. Zooming in new IE and Opera
        versions makes things even more difficult but manageable.