normal.dot & Word 2000

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 26, 2009
      I have Word97 but want to share a macro (saved in normal.dot) with a
      friend who have Word 2000. He wrote me he don't have a "normal.dot".

      Sounds strange. Do someone know where it is supposed to be stored ?
      --
      adrien
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 26, 2009
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Adrien Verlee <adrien.verlee@...> wrote:

        > I have Word97 but want to share a macro (saved in normal.dot)
        > with a friend who have Word 2000. He wrote me he don't have a
        > "normal.dot".
        >
        > Sounds strange. Do someone know where it is supposed to be stored ?
        > --
        > adrien

        Possibly he isn't configured for showing hidden files and folders, or is looking in the wrong place.

        Maybe this will help:

        <http://www.marshalladulteducation.org/techtips/techtip72.htm>

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • Adrien Verlee
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 26, 2009
          Op 26-jul-09, om 17:12 heeft Sheri het volgende geschreven:

          > Possibly he isn't configured for showing hidden files and folders,

          I told him that...

          > Maybe this will help:
          >
          > <http://www.marshalladulteducation.org/techtips/techtip72.htm>

          Nice! I email it.

          Thanks Sheri.
          --
          adrien
        • LaurieK
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 27, 2009
            He may not have this extensions visible… offhand I do not remember where
            they would reside but have him open “Explorer”

            1. Start > Run > enter the word Explorer and press enter

            2. Up at the top click on Tools > Folder Options > View tab

            3. Scroll down …. Hide extensions for known file types make sure
            it is not checked, if it is uncheck it.

            4. Press Apply and OK

            5. Then have him do a search for normal.dot

            Just a suggestion

            Or just “normal.*”

            My 2¢ worth…..

            Laurie