Re: [NTO] Widget to disable touchpad

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 4, 2009
      I wrote:
      >Torben Joergensen wrote:
      > >I believe that is just what you are looking for.
      >
      >Looks like just the thing. Yay!

      Must tell you what happened since you have the same model. I
      installed EeeToggle but it complained about not finding some DLL. OK,
      better reinstall the drivers. Downloaded the latest from Asus's site,
      uninstalled EeeToggle, installed the drivers and installed EeeToggle
      again. Now it threw an error, one of those with a lot of numbers and
      letters. Bummer.

      But lo and behold, when I went to look at the mouse properties in
      device manager, there were all the special setting for the touchpad,
      including Disable when mouse is plugged in! One can change the
      touchpad actions and other things there too. Very peculiar. I found a
      lot of forum posts where people complained about this issue and
      always the same answer. The 1000H and some other models lacks this
      feature. The posts weren't all old either. The drivers I got were
      from February this year, from here.
      http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

      Still would like to get EeeToggle to work. Seems neat to do it with a
      Quick Key. Maybe I can do it without EeeToggle, once I figure out how
      to configure that key. But the tray icon that installed with the
      driver is fine too, even if it takes a couple of clicks to get to this option.

      Note to self: always install the latest drivers. The ones one the CD
      can be outdated.

      God natt! (Goodnight)
      Lotta
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 4, 2009
        Remember when someone's post was ... are you sure you have the latest
        drivers? Someone told you so ;-)

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 5, 2009
          Don,
          >Remember when someone's post was ... are you sure you have the latest
          >drivers? Someone told you so ;-)

          Actually no. Was it you? Sorry in that case.

          I know one should update drivers right off, but when you read
          hundreds of posts and articles stating the feature isn't available
          and the manual doesn't mention it with a word... OK, I confess! I'm
          all too gullible. :-(