Re: [NTO] folders to left side of explorer windows

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 8 , May 20, 2009
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> wrote:

      > When saving a file in notetab, there is a set of folders to the left ...
      > but no way I see to change which folders are in there.

      For XP, Google TweakUI.

      john
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 8 , May 20, 2009
        Hi Don,

        On 20 May 09 12:32 "Don - HtmlFixIt.com" <don@...> said:
        > When saving a file in notetab, there is a set of folders to the left
        > ... but no way I see to change which folders are in there. I know
        > there is a way ... but I don't remember how.
        >
        > I am on XP

        I also am on XP. I have Microsoft's free utility "TweakUI" installed.
        That has a facility, under the "Common Dialogs" branch that allows
        editing of the Places Bar. I've never used it but I believe it will
        do what you want.

        Greg
      • LaurieK
        Message 3 of 8 , May 20, 2009
          Don,

          Its funny because I just ran into this 2 days ago. I saw this on a demo of
          something and was like WHAT??? Because I never knew there was a way to
          customize it.

          What Don is talking about (if I can help to explain. maybe).

          1. Working on a file you click Files > Save As

          2. Dialog box comes up and on the left you see My documents, My
          Computer and a few other 'shortcuts'

          3. How does one customize this to add your own 'special'
          location(s)???

          Thanks for asking Don, I can't WAIT for a fix J