soft to burn data on cd (win2000)

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 5 , May 17 5:05 AM
      I'm not involved anymore in this kind of situations. So I can use
      advice.

      I gave an old computer with win2000 to friend. The friend is 99%
      computer illiterate.
      But it is necessary that on the computer there is software to burn
      data (preference for cd-rw). And freeware...
      Also this man must be able install the software himself.

      Because I should be able tot load text from him, in my computer.
      Internet - to transfer the data to me - isn't an option for the
      moment, and there is that the friend not lived around the corner. It
      is impossible to visit him each day.

      Can someone recommend me freeware to burn data cd's under win2000?
      Thanks in advance.
      --
      adrien
    • LaurieK
      Message 2 of 5 , May 17 7:07 AM
        Yes.. ImgBurn

        http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

        I use this at work because I have "admin rights" and can install what I need
        to.. But you don't want to load personally licensed software on a work PC,
        as well as it being single user licensed.. This is the best I have found and
        it "IS" Freeware.

        I use it all the time and its pretty great for a free app.

        Good luck

        Laurie

        Message 3 of 5 , May 17 7:47 AM

          [mailto:ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com] On
          > Behalf Of Adrien Verlee
          > Subject: [NTO] soft to burn data on cd (win2000)
          >
          > Can someone recommend me freeware to burn data cd's under win2000?
          > Thanks in advance.

          adrien,

          ImgBurn is good and you also may want to try CDBurnerXP. Also FREE.

          Here's the link.

          http://www.cdburnerxp.se/download.php

          ºvº SL_day# 137 - created 2009.05.17_09.39.59

          Great Truths Children Have Learned:
          • You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.

          € hrs € hsavage € pobox € com
        • Adrien Verlee
          Message 4 of 5 , May 18 4:31 AM
            Thanks Laurie and hsavage !