Re: [NTO] Windows shortcut to show screen saver?

    Message 1 of 11 , May 12, 2009
      Thanks a lot, guys. I wasn't aware you could start a screen saver
      that way. To my defence I never use them, well, I let the default one
      stay there on this machine. Neither was I aware there was a login
      screen, never saw the thing before. I'll check out Wizmo or NIRCMD
      too. I actually liked all options, so I don't know what I'll end up
      using. Choices, choices... ;-)

      Thanks again.
      Lotta
    • David Smart
      Message 2 of 11 , May 12, 2009
        It's probably actually taking you to the "This computer is in use and has
        been locked" screen.

        It empties the screen and requires the password to reactivate, although
        everything is still running.

        The screen saver will come on in the normal time.

        This is the "correct" way to hide what you're doing, as it activates
        security on the computer. Just showing the screen saver leaves you
        vulnerable to going back to the main screen with an accidental bump of the
        mouse or the keyboard.

        Regards, Dave S

        Message 3 of 11 , May 12, 2009
          David Smart wrote:
          >It's probably actually taking you to the "This computer is in use and has
          >been locked" screen.
          >
          >It empties the screen and requires the password to reactivate, although
          >everything is still running.

          Nope. I just have to click my account name and I'm back. My computer
          is set up so I never have to log in. I guess that's why I haven't
          seen this screen before.

          Lotta
        • MotoMania
          Message 4 of 11 , May 12, 2009
            You said originally that you wanted to hide what you were doing. Without
            a password setup for your account and doing as suggested with "Windows
            Key + L" there is now way to *truly* hide what was going on. As you
            said, all someone needs to do is click on your account name and they're
            able to look at everything that was running.

            Mick

            Message 5 of 11 , May 12, 2009
              MotoMania wrote:
              >You said originally that you wanted to hide what you were doing. Without
              >a password setup for your account and doing as suggested with "Windows
              >Key + L" there is now way to *truly* hide what was going on. As you
              >said, all someone needs to do is click on your account name and they're
              >able to look at everything that was running.

              It isn't that advanced or important. I just want to hide it from
              people glancing over my shoulder. ;-)