Re: [NTO] offline search

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 25, 2009
      Hey cousin, Use Control + F?

      Jeff Scism

      Vance E. Neff wrote:

      > But, I am using firefox to access the document. Then I want to locate a
      > referenced term in the document which probably should have been
      > hypertexted linked (and even might be elsewhere in the document).
      >
      > Vance
      >
      > sisterscape wrote:
      >
      > >Couldn't you use NoteTab's "search disk" function? I use it all the
      > time to find specific references in multiple files.
      > >

      > >--- On Tue, 2/24/09, Vance E. Neff <veneff@...
      > <mailto:veneff%40intouchmi.com>> wrote:
      > >

      > >>From: Vance E. Neff <veneff@...
      > <mailto:veneff%40intouchmi.com>>
      > >>Subject: Re: [NTO] offline search
      > >>To: ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ntb-OffTopic%40yahoogroups.com>
      > >>Date: Tuesday, February 24, 2009, 2:11 PM
      > >>Alec,
      > >>
      > >>I tried Windows Search because it was an optional update
      > >>and found it so
      > >>unmanageable that I uninstalled it. I'll check into
      > >>Google Desktop Search.
      > >>The offline websites I was talking about are generally
      > >>multi-page HTML
      > >>manuals.
      > >>
      > >>Thanks!
      > >>Vance

      > (in part) (on
      > >>>

      > >>2009-02-24 at

      > >>will allow me to

      > >>at the currently

      > >>but with dial up, I

      > >>Search (or Windows

    • Vance E. Neff
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 25, 2009
        That only works on the current page, not subsequent pages.

        Vance

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 25, 2009
          I suppose you could search for the term, find all pages with it in it,
          replace it with <span style="whateverstyle youwant like colored
          background: red">search term</spam>

          With, or without saving the pages, open them in firefox and enjoy them ...

          Vance E. Neff wrote:
          > That only works on the current page, not subsequent pages.
          >
          > Vance
          >
          > jeff wrote:
          >
          >> Hey cousin, Use Control + F?
          >>
          >> Jeff Scism

        • Sheri
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 25, 2009
            --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Vance E. Neff" <veneff@...> wrote:

            > That only works on the current page, not subsequent pages.
            >
            > Vance

            You can configure Firefox so it starts searching the current page as
            soon as you start typing (no need for Ctrl+F). If you hit alt-A it
            highlights all hits. And if you activate or open another another
            tab/page, you can alt-A to highlights all its hits. Or F3 to find
            next. Its not like you have to keep reentering the search term.

            Regards,
            Sheri