Re: [NTO] HTML codes

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
      Hi Edward,

      On 07 Feb 09 22:10 "Edward" <ebrown1927@...> said:
      > I have run into some codes that I do not know. Is there a cheat
      > sheet for these codes as follows: %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.?

      I think you are referring to the extended ASCII set. The most common
      character you'll see in URLs is %20.

      Google for "Extended ASCII" or take a look at a page like:

      http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm

      (The first one I came across. I am sure there are better ones.)

      Greg
    • Edward B
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
        Greg,
        Thanks, just what I was looking for. I had googled but did not understand
        everything it was telling me. I googled hexadecimal codes and saw this but
        on my other screen it was small and not know exactly what I was looking for
        I failed to enlarge it to a more readable form.
        ed
        >> I have run into some codes that I do not know. Is there a cheat
        >> sheet for these codes as follows: %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.?
        >
        > I think you are referring to the extended ASCII set. The most common
        > character you'll see in URLs is %20.
        >
        > Google for "Extended ASCII" or take a look at a page like:
        >

        > http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm
        >
        > (The first one I came across. I am sure there are better ones.)
        >
        > Greg

      • Edward B
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
          Axel,
          Thank you, I now understand what I was looking for. Great help.
          ed
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
            Thank you David.
            A definition of mixed emotions? . When you see your mother-in-law backing
            off a cliff in your new car. -- Unknown

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009