Re: [NTO] HTML codes

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
      Edward wrote:
      > Is there a cheat sheet for these codes as follows:
      > %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.?

      That's Hex (-adecimal). Every ASCII table lists Hex and decimal values
      for the characters and most pocket calculators can do Hex <-> Dec
      conversions. If not:
      A is ten, B 1, C 12, D 13, E 14, F 15, Base is 16. So the decimal value
      is 16 times first digit plus second digit.
      In NoteTab it is ^$DecToChar(^$HexToInt(<Value>)$)$

      Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
    • David Smart
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
        They're ASCII codes presumably. Just Google for ASCII codes anyway and the
        first hit will give you what you want, I think.

        The %6D type is clearly hexadecimal.

        Regards, Dave S

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
          Hi Edward,

          On 07 Feb 09 22:10 "Edward" <ebrown1927@...> said:
          > I have run into some codes that I do not know. Is there a cheat
          > sheet for these codes as follows: %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.?

          I think you are referring to the extended ASCII set. The most common
          character you'll see in URLs is %20.

          Google for "Extended ASCII" or take a look at a page like:

          http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm

          (The first one I came across. I am sure there are better ones.)

          Greg
        • Edward B
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
            Greg,
            Thanks, just what I was looking for. I had googled but did not understand
            everything it was telling me. I googled hexadecimal codes and saw this but
            on my other screen it was small and not know exactly what I was looking for
            I failed to enlarge it to a more readable form.
            ed
            >> I have run into some codes that I do not know. Is there a cheat
            >> sheet for these codes as follows: %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.?
            >
            > I think you are referring to the extended ASCII set. The most common
            > character you'll see in URLs is %20.
            >
            > Google for "Extended ASCII" or take a look at a page like:
            >

            > http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm
            >
            > (The first one I came across. I am sure there are better ones.)
            >
            > Greg

          • Edward B
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
              Axel,
              Thank you, I now understand what I was looking for. Great help.
              ed
              >> Is there a cheat sheet for these codes as follows:
              >> %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.?
              >
              > That's Hex (-adecimal). Every ASCII table lists Hex and decimal values
              > for the characters and most pocket calculators can do Hex <-> Dec
              > conversions. If not:
              > A is ten, B 1, C 12, D 13, E 14, F 15, Base is 16. So the decimal value
              > is 16 times first digit plus second digit.
              > In NoteTab it is ^$DecToChar(^$HexToInt(<Value>)$)$
              >
              > Axel
              >
              > --
              > Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68

            • Edward
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
                Thank you David.

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009