HTML codes

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
      I know that what character codes are, such as
      ' " is a non breaking space. Entity name for the same is " " so these are no problem, since I have Paul's Codes for Cool Characters. But I have run into some codes that I do not know. Is there a cheat sheet for these codes as follows: %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.? Thanks
      Ed

      A definition of mixed emotions? . When you see your mother-in-law backing off a cliff in your new car. -- Unknown

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
        Edward wrote:
        > Is there a cheat sheet for these codes as follows:
        > %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.?

        That's Hex (-adecimal). Every ASCII table lists Hex and decimal values
        for the characters and most pocket calculators can do Hex <-> Dec
        conversions. If not:
        A is ten, B 1, C 12, D 13, E 14, F 15, Base is 16. So the decimal value
        is 16 times first digit plus second digit.
        In NoteTab it is ^$DecToChar(^$HexToInt(<Value>)$)$

        Johann-Häck-Str. 14 Fax: +49/ 2174/ 7439 68
      • David Smart
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
          They're ASCII codes presumably. Just Google for ASCII codes anyway and the
          first hit will give you what you want, I think.

          The %6D type is clearly hexadecimal.

          Regards, Dave S

          >I know that what character codes are, such as
          > ' " is a non breaking space. Entity name for the same is " " so
          > these are no problem, since I have Paul's Codes for Cool Characters. But
          > I have run into some codes that I do not know. Is there a cheat sheet for
          > these codes as follows: %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.? Thanks
          > Ed
          >
          > A definition of mixed emotions? . When you see your mother-in-law backing
          > off a cliff in your new car. -- Unknown

        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
            Hi Edward,

            On 07 Feb 09 22:10 "Edward" <ebrown1927@...> said:
            > I have run into some codes that I do not know. Is there a cheat
            > sheet for these codes as follows: %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.?

            I think you are referring to the extended ASCII set. The most common
            character you'll see in URLs is %20.

            Google for "Extended ASCII" or take a look at a page like:

            http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm

            (The first one I came across. I am sure there are better ones.)

            Greg
          • Edward B
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
              Greg,
              Thanks, just what I was looking for. I had googled but did not understand
              everything it was telling me. I googled hexadecimal codes and saw this but
              on my other screen it was small and not know exactly what I was looking for
              I failed to enlarge it to a more readable form.
              ed
              >> I have run into some codes that I do not know. Is there a cheat
              >> sheet for these codes as follows: %77 %6D %69 %65 %73 etc.?
              >
              > I think you are referring to the extended ASCII set. The most common
              > character you'll see in URLs is %20.
              >
              > Google for "Extended ASCII" or take a look at a page like:
              >

              > http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm
              >
              > (The first one I came across. I am sure there are better ones.)
              >
              > Greg

            • Edward B
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
                Axel,
                Thank you, I now understand what I was looking for. Great help.
                ed

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009
                  Thank you David.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 7, 2009