Re: [Clip] Download photos via links?

  • Alan C
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2009
      Hi,

      If you have a Linux box or if you have Cygwin (compiled with wget) on your
      Windows then you can run (in Cygwin) my Perl script

      the Perl script reads a text file with urls.

      script then calls wget on each url

      each downloaded file is essentially "as if mirrored", IOW yes, a long
      filename of the website url (also, sometimes has/creates folder(s) under
      the_domain.com

      dl.pl file_with_urls.txt

      Call it like that ie: SciptName file_with_urls.txt

      cat prints to STDOUT or (the console screen). Script begins on/with the 2nd
      line next. (1st line of next is that I also copy/pasted from my
      terminal/console the cat command)

      al@p3srv:~$ cat ~/bin/dl
      #!/usr/bin/perl -w
      use strict;

      # http://www.gnome.org/projects/garnome/
      # http://download.kde.org/download.php
      # my $base = '
      ftp://slackware.mirrors.tds.net/pub/slackware/slackware-11.0-iso/';
      # my $base = 'http://mondorescue.muskokamug.org/slackware/11.0/';
      # my $base = '
      ftp://ftp.oregonstate.edu/pub/kde/stable/3.5.5/contrib/Slackware/11.0/';
      # my $base = '
      ftp://ftp.oregonstate.edu/pub/kde/stable/3.5.6/contrib/Slackware/11.0/';
      # my $base = 'ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/5/i386/iso/';
      # my $base = 'ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-10.1/iso/';
      # my $base = 'http://slackbuilds.rlworkman.net/openoffice.org/';
      # my $base = 'http://www.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/qemu/build/';
      # my $base = '
      ftp://ftp.slackware.no/pub/linux/ISO-images/Slackware/Current-ISO-build/';
      # my $base = 'http://ahinea.com/tech/uni/';
      my $old = shift;
      open(OLD, "<", $old) or die "cant open $old: $!";
      my @lines = <OLD> ;
      close(OLD) or die "cant close $old: $!";

      #my $fil;
      #my @fils;
      foreach my $line ( @lines ) {
      chomp($line);
      # system("wget $base$line");
      system("wget $line");
      # system("wget --limit-rate=285K $line");
      # system("md5sum $line");
      # system("filmodsl $line");
      # system("upgradepkg $line");
      # system("removepkg $line");
      # system("cp $line /home/al/mbg/$line");
      #$line =~ s/\.tgz$//;
      # system("ls $line");
      }
      # end of Perl script