Re: [NTO] pvm files

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2009
      Hi Edward,

      On 14 Jan 09 16:05 "Edward" <ebrown1927@...> said:
      > This is what I have. The pictures have been on the machine for a
      > long time. One day when bringing them up to show some friends, they
      > were gone and the pvm files remained. This is what printed out:

      This confirms that your images were originally in the folder:

      My Documents/My Pictures/2006-06 (Jun)-04

      I've never used it, but I've been reading the HELP file in my copy of
      "HP Memories Disk" I've run through the wizard that creates a VCD.
      There's no specific option to delete the original images, however, it
      does refer to making an archive of your files. I attach the text
      below. I wonder if it means that running the program is intended to
      delete the original files as they are transferred to the CD/DVD. If so
      the only solution would be to dig out the disk that was burned :-(

      ================
      When you create a memories disc, you are creating a safe archive of
      all your original images, plus directories that preserve the images
      you edited and which supports usage in many photo kiosks.
      To find content on a memories disc

      1. Insert the memories disc in the CD writer.
      2. Click My Computer, then click the compact disc drive labeled
      HP_MEM_DISC.
      3. See the following directories and descriptions.

      Your images and content are in the following locations:

      \PICTURES or \ALBUMS\ALBUM_A
      Contains all the image files in the album as ordered and rotated for
      the slideshow. Files are renamed to capture the order of the images in
      the album. Files not in the JPEG format are converted to JPEG for
      broadest compatibility.

      \ALBUMS\ALBUM_A\ORIGINAL
      Contains all the image files in the album in the original formats with
      the original file names.

      \ORIGINAL
      Contains all the image files in the album in their original form and
      the location (path) of the original source images.

      \MEMDISC\ALBUM_A\PRINT\PDF
      Contains PDF print files for printing your images, index sheets, CD
      jewel case insert, and CD label.

      Other Directories
      There are five directories at the top level needed to support Video CD
      creation. These directories are: CDI, KARAOKE, MPEGAV, SEGMENT, VCD.

      Always have hated HP software! :-( My printer never has recovered
      from the installation of IE7 and it took them months to create any
      kind of patch. How can a company be so dumb as to rely on the
      existance of software on the host PC of such a regulaly updated
      product as a browser!

      Greg