Re: [NTO] pvm files

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 14, 2009
      so it does link to .jpg files.

      You need to see if those files are still there, or search the drive
      looking for them, for example, the following:

      1. first look for the directory to see if it is there under my
      C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/
      and
      2. look on the entire drive (or backup if necessary) for IMAG0007.JPG

      file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/2006-06%20(Jun)-04/IMAG0007.JPG

      The files you are referring to Ed are simply "index" files that are
      built by the HP software. The jpg files should still exist unless
      someone deleted them.
    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 14, 2009
        Hi Edward,

        On 14 Jan 09 16:05 "Edward" <ebrown1927@...> said:
        > This is what I have. The pictures have been on the machine for a
        > long time. One day when bringing them up to show some friends, they
        > were gone and the pvm files remained. This is what printed out:

        This confirms that your images were originally in the folder:

        My Documents/My Pictures/2006-06 (Jun)-04

        I've never used it, but I've been reading the HELP file in my copy of
        "HP Memories Disk" I've run through the wizard that creates a VCD.
        There's no specific option to delete the original images, however, it
        does refer to making an archive of your files. I attach the text
        below. I wonder if it means that running the program is intended to
        delete the original files as they are transferred to the CD/DVD. If so
        the only solution would be to dig out the disk that was burned :-(

        ================
        When you create a memories disc, you are creating a safe archive of
        all your original images, plus directories that preserve the images
        you edited and which supports usage in many photo kiosks.
        To find content on a memories disc

        1. Insert the memories disc in the CD writer.
        2. Click My Computer, then click the compact disc drive labeled
        HP_MEM_DISC.
        3. See the following directories and descriptions.

        Your images and content are in the following locations:

        \PICTURES or \ALBUMS\ALBUM_A
        Contains all the image files in the album as ordered and rotated for
        the slideshow. Files are renamed to capture the order of the images in
        the album. Files not in the JPEG format are converted to JPEG for
        broadest compatibility.

        \ALBUMS\ALBUM_A\ORIGINAL
        Contains all the image files in the album in the original formats with
        the original file names.

        \ORIGINAL
        Contains all the image files in the album in their original form and
        the location (path) of the original source images.

        \MEMDISC\ALBUM_A\PRINT\PDF
        Contains PDF print files for printing your images, index sheets, CD
        jewel case insert, and CD label.

        Other Directories
        There are five directories at the top level needed to support Video CD
        creation. These directories are: CDI, KARAOKE, MPEGAV, SEGMENT, VCD.

        Always have hated HP software! :-( My printer never has recovered
        from the installation of IE7 and it took them months to create any
        kind of patch. How can a company be so dumb as to rely on the
        existance of software on the host PC of such a regulaly updated
        product as a browser!

        Greg