Re: [NTO] Notetab Pro Question

  • Edward
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 27, 2008
      Axel wrote:
      >Easier still, if you close NoteTab with that file still open it will be
      opened the next time you call the program.

      Axel
      So far no matter what I do it opens to a blank page. I thought that should
      be the way it worked but not now. So I opened NoteTab Light and it works
      that way, the correct way that you stated. Why pro will not do that is a
      mystery for now. Something must be missing.
      Ed
    • bruce_n_wright
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 27, 2008
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, "Edward" <ebrown1927@...> wrote:

        > Axel wrote:
        > >Easier still, if you close NoteTab with that file still open it
        will be
        > opened the next time you call the program.
        >
        > Axel
        > So far no matter what I do it opens to a blank page. I thought
        that should
        > be the way it worked but not now. So I opened NoteTab Light and it
        works
        > that way, the correct way that you stated. Why pro will not do that
        is a
        > mystery for now. Something must be missing.
        > Ed

        See if this works...

        Go to View | Option | General and check on "Reload Open Documents"

        Regards
        Bruce
      • Larry Hamilton
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2008
          Edward wrote:
          > Axel wrote:
          >
          >> Easier still, if you close NoteTab with that file still open it will be
          >>
          > opened the next time you call the program.
          >
          > Axel
          > So far no matter what I do it opens to a blank page. I thought that should
          > be the way it worked but not now. So I opened NoteTab Light and it works
          > that way, the correct way that you stated. Why pro will not do that is a
          > mystery for now. Something must be missing.
          > Ed
          It sounds like a permissions issue. Is your ini file marked read only?
          When you close NoteTab, it writes changes in open documents to the ini.
          If it is not marked read only, does the user you sign in as have
          permissions to the directory with the ini file?

          With version 5.x, the ini file is created by default in the user
          directory. If you have it in the program directory, the user you signe
          in as will need permissions to that directory.

          Larry Hamilton