Re: OT was Re: [Clip] Linux advise

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2008
      I used SuSE happily for many years, but I switched over to
      Ubuntu about two years ago and have been very impressed with
      it. I too have had good results running Notetab Pro in Wine.

      I second the suggestion of taking a peek at distrowatch.com,
      although to be honest, there are so many Linux distributions
      out there that you might find it a bit overwhelming.

      FWIW, I would just go ahead and get Ubuntu or openSuSE and be
      done with it. Both work really well and are easy to install.
      Linux has come a long way over the years in terms of ease of
      use and hardware detection and support. I give Ubuntu the
      edge because I like the package management tools better, and
      because SuSE puts some stuff in nonstandard places, which can
      be a bit of a bother in some cases. That said, I can't speak
      for openSuSE 11.0, which might be different than 10.2 in
      these regards. Also note that you want openSuSE now, which is
      free, rather than Enterprise SuSE from Novell, which costs.

      - http://www.ubuntu.com/
      - http://www.opensuse.org/en/

      Hope this helps,

      Scott