Re: [NTO] [FUN] Can you read this?

    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 2, 2008
      loro wrote:
      > and we didn't hear a words they were saying because we expected them
      > to talk English.

      That's one I know well, You have no clue while your mind tries to parse
      the wrong language. I once heard physics lectures by a Chinese professor
      with, for one reason or another, a Dutch accent. Whenever a word eluded
      him he seamlessly switched from German with a Dutch accent into English
      with a Dutch accent. It was absolutely perfect English and quite easy to
      understand, but until I caught on it was pure gobbledegook to me.
      Happened every time and hardly got better during the semester.