[NTO] Re: Need Efficient File Catalog

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 23, 2008

      http://supportweb.netmanage.com/ts_viewnow/downloads/patchesUnsupported/ecco.asp

      > ftp.netmanage.com
      > navigate to
      > support/pub/utilities/EC401/Ecco32/Setup32.exe
      >
      > Thanks! I had forgotten about this program. Do you know what
      > EccoMagic is? Their site is very confusing. Is it a program that
      > builds on Ecco? Several programs maybe?
      > http://eccomagic.com/
      >
      > Lotta

      Not familiar with those, thanks for pointing them out. I haven't kept
      up these new developements. Seems there's also another Ecco Yahoo
      group now at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ecco_pro (which I
      didn't know about either.

      FWIW, I've managed to keep tons of info in Ecco and convert data in
      and out of it forever without any add-ins.

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 23, 2008
        Sheri (silvermoonwoman@...) wrote (in part) (on 2008-10-23 at
        18:04):
        > > Thanks! I had forgotten about this program. Do you know what
        > > EccoMagic is? Their site is very confusing. Is it a program that
        > > builds on Ecco? Several programs maybe?
        > > http://eccomagic.com/
        > >
        > > Lotta
        > >

        > Not familiar with those, thanks for pointing them out. I haven't kept
        > up these new developements. Seems there's also another Ecco Yahoo
        > group now at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ecco_pro (which I
        > didn't know about either.
        >
        > FWIW, I've managed to keep tons of info in Ecco and convert data in
        > and out of it forever without any add-ins.

        The new group features an enhancement to Ecco called eccoext
        (EccoExtension) that add some nice functionality to the Ecco -
        scriptable LUA, regular expressions, powerful filters, fix for Y2K bug.
        see here: http://eccoextdoc.wikispaces.com/

        EccoMagic is a set of enhancement programs that can be run with Ecco and
        also a discussion forum associated with the ecco_pro yahoo group. see
        here: http://www.eccomagic.com/forum/YaBB.pl

        If interested in Ecco also worth checking out SQLNotes (recently renamed
        to InfoQube)
        start here: www.*sqlnotes*.net/ *
        *Its in free beta right now but definitely usable in its current state.