Re: [NTO] resize or not? WAS: java script question

  • Mike Breiding
    Message 1 of 30 , Sep 1, 2008
      Axel Berger wrote:
      > Many people would benefit from instruction,[1] but few are willing
      > to take it.
      No one knows more than they want to know.
      Yes it would be wonderful to be so helpful and add all kinds of
      instructional links to my pages.
      But, I think this would be futile for 99% of the viewers.

      Just two weeks ago I found out one could Ctrl +- to change the font size
      in FF.
      But in IE 6 this does not work.

      Ctrl Mouse in IE 6 to change font size?
      Try it on this page:
      http://www.google.com/hws/dell-usuk-rel/afe?hl=en&channel=us&s=http://wvrts.org/
      For me, only the menu tabs change size.
      In FF all the text changes size.

      Why not make it simpler by just adding the Jscript instead of confusing
      people with something like:
      "If your are using FF, change the text by Ctrl Mouse or Ctrl +-.
      In IE 6.0 blah, blah
      In IE 7. o blah, blah"

      Ad naseum...

      I know people who work with computers for a living and/or teach PC skills.
      Some of the them do know even the most fundamental and important things
      about software/hardware.
      But who am I to decide what is fundamental and important?

      No one knows more than they want to know.

      -Mike