Re: [NTO] EzImager Will Not Reload

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18, 2008
      cc: EzImager@yahoogroups.com
      Eric - I've duplicated this on same system as Ray has.
      Ray Shapp (ras45@...) wrote (in part) (on 08-08-18 at 23:47):
      > After I exit from EzImager, I cannot reload it normally. Task Manager
      > does
      > not show EzImager as a running application after exiting. In order to
      > reload,
      > it is necessary to kill the EzImager process by using Task Manager.
      >
      > Must I exit in a special way in order to allow reloading without
      > using Task
      > Manager to kill any residual EzImager process?
      >
      > I'm using EzImager v2.1 under WinXP Pro SP3.

      Hi Ray:
      Yes I can duplicate this behavior with version 2.01.0000.0001 under same OS.
      I just went into the program and exited. (I'd expected if the problem
      really existed to find that something more had to be done before getting
      the problem behavior - but it is exactly as you state)

      BTW: you might want to get (if you don't have it already) Process
      Explorer (just Google - it's from Microsoft-SysInternals division now).
      It's a lot easier to see what's going on with it than Task Manager.

      For instance, starting another instance of EzImager I can see it appear
      in the Process Explorer window and then get killed (presumably by the
      existing task which is still hanging around)

    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 19, 2008
        --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

        > cc: EzImager@yahoogroups.com
        > Eric - I've duplicated this on same system as Ray has.
        > Ray Shapp (ras45@...) wrote (in part) (on 08-08-18 at 23:47):
        > > After I exit from EzImager, I cannot reload it normally. Task
        > > Manager does not show EzImager as a running application after
        > > exiting. In order to reload, it is necessary to kill the EzImager
        > > process by using Task Manager.
        > > Must I exit in a special way in order to allow reloading without
        > > using Task Manager to kill any residual EzImager process?
        > >
        > > I'm using EzImager v2.1 under WinXP Pro SP3.

        That's not the most recent version.

        I'm running EZImager 2.22 (released in Feb, 2008) on XP SP3, and that
        problem seems to have been fixed.

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 19, 2008
          Hi Alec, Harvey, and Sheri,

          Thank you for your quick replies.

          <<I'm running EZImager 2.22 (released in Feb, 2008) on XP SP3, and that
          problem seems to have been fixed.>>

          As suggested, I installed v2.22, and the problem has indeed been solved. You
          guys (and Eric) are great!

          Many thanks. Thanks also for the tip about Process Explorer.

          Ray Shapp