Re: [NTB] Can a NoteTab Clip Do This??

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2008
      resent to ntb-offtopic@yahoogroups.com (ntb-offtopic@... does not
      exist :-[ )

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Re: [NTB] Can a NoteTab Clip Do This??
      Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 21:09:42 -0400
      From: Alec Burgess <buralex@...>
      To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
      CC: ntb-offtopic@...

      cc'd to ntb-offtopic@... (discussion if-any should probably be there)

      LaurieK (ladyck3@...) wrote (in part) (on 08-06-26 at 19:45):
      > I'm not a Firefox user, I have it installed but all of my business tools are
      > IE oriented and my online access is not happy at all with Firefox..

      Just curious ... what "business tools" do you have that are "IE oriented"?
      I assume you mostly mean msOffice? AFAICT, Microsoft programs are pretty
      good these days about honoring the designation of Firefox as the
      "default" browser. As well, almost all sites I've run into lately
      display as well (or better) in Firefox. There are two extensions
      (add-ons is the term used now) available, one opens a page inside of
      Firefox but using IE engine, another opens the current page in IE.

      Recently released Firefox 3 (I use the portable version even though I
      have it on my hard-disk) is very stable and faster than IE. Judicious
      addition of add-ons can make it a joy to use. Obviously if you only want
      to use a browser to assist in your "real" job this may not worth the
      (IMHO) minor pain to get up and running and comfortable with Firefox ;-)
      > I will take a look at the plugins however and will also seek coscripter to
      > see if is something that *I* can handle J
      I didn't mention, but CoScriptor does work on both IE and Firefox. To
      download it you have to create an IBM-id but after that it should be
      pretty smooth (though you would need to invest a a couple of hours
      learning how to do the equivalent of a "hello world" program before
      tackling your real task).

      --
      Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail)

    • LaurieK
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 26, 2008
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2008
          Hi Laurie, All,

          1. if what Laurie want can done via keystrokes (without using mouse)
          then likely a clip could do it (watch out for Win Vista though its
          security model has/may interfere).

          2. Alec shared (CoScripter).

          3.

          http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/WWW-Mechanize-1.34/lib/WWW/Mechanize.pm

          That (Perl module) Perl can do what's been requested.

          But you need a programmer to write the Perl program that would then in
          turn utilize the power of that Perl module.

          **And**, the mentioned programmer *will need* most if not all of what
          you could [already] not share with Alec.

          I'm not at all (not even near) advanced enough in my Perl program
          writing skills for this one (Oh how I'd love to be that advanced
          though). But, one day, it is my dream to put to the back end (handled
          behind the scenes) **While NOT** using web browser (I can already do
          real simple ones -- but when it becomes secure login - enter username
          and password or button click or enter info into a form --
          [interactivity] it's these more complex that I'm yet to get experience
          at back ending.

          Alan.