Re: [NTO] Does anyone know if there is a way to edit pdf files using Notetab Pro?

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 9, 2008
      Precision Seeding wrote:

      > Hi all: I have the free Adobe pdf reader but when I go to valley
      > contractors
      > exchange and try to save a file spec it comes back as a picture and word
      > will not let me edit or use it. An neither will Notetab Pro I already
      > way to
      > much software to learn is there a way to do this without buying
      > another over
      > done software package for my particular needs ?? Thanks in advance
      > Bill way
      > to many things to learn. 2K brain in a 2gig world.

      There are several PDF format editors available as free and shareware.
      The issues you are likely to find though is that text saved as images
      will have to be OCRed (Optical Character Recognition) before they
      become editable, and that often means careful corrections to the OCR
      product before actually setting out to finish what you wanted to do.

      It is likely to be a multi-stage process. Portable Document Format was
      designed to make the process difficult, and the PDF docs are usually a
      viewable/printable format, but not meant to be edited by downstream users.

      http://www.google.com/search?q=pdf+editing+freeware will offer some choices.