Re: [NTO] Does anyone know if there is a way to edit pdf files using Notetab Pro?

  • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 9, 2008
      Mike Breiding wrote:
      > Dave wrote:
      >> Hi
      >> you can not save anything in free Adobe pdf reader ,the only way to edit is
      >> with acrobat software, word won't and neither will notetab pro.
      >> THANKYOU DAVE M
      >>
      > Edits can also be made using Adobe Illustrator.
      > Acrobat generates vector files which are fully compatible with Illustrator.
      > If you edit it Illustrator you will need to make sure to save it in a
      > PDF compatible format.
      > -Mike

      Or in corel draw x3 or x4 and many many other programs. But he was
      saying he doesn't want to buy a new program.
    • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 9, 2008
        K B wrote:
        > On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Precision Seeding <bscott022@...> wrote:
        >> is there a way to do this without buying another over
        >> done software package for my particular needs ?? Thanks in advance Bill
        >
        > I have not used this feature myself so I cannot comment, but Open
        > Office (http://www.openoffice.org/) will export to PDF format.
        >
        > Karen

        I use that daily (as well as something called Leadtools Eprint that
        allow you to print to pdf on disk instead of to a printer -- very cool)
        but that creates pdf documents Karen, he is trying to edit one already
        in existence.

        While you cannot edit the actual document, you can extract the text in
        it and then paste that into notetab or any other software you choose.
      • K B
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 9, 2008
          > but that creates pdf documents Karen, he is trying to edit one already
          > in existence.
          >
          > While you cannot edit the actual document, you can extract the text in
          > it and then paste that into notetab or any other software you choose.

          Just trying to be helpful, but if you choose to paste it into OO you
          can then export it as another PDF.

          Karen
        • Jeff Scism
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 9, 2008
            Precision Seeding wrote:

            > Hi all: I have the free Adobe pdf reader but when I go to valley
            > contractors
            > exchange and try to save a file spec it comes back as a picture and word
            > will not let me edit or use it. An neither will Notetab Pro I already
            > way to
            > much software to learn is there a way to do this without buying
            > another over
            > done software package for my particular needs ?? Thanks in advance
            > Bill way
            > to many things to learn. 2K brain in a 2gig world.

            There are several PDF format editors available as free and shareware.
            The issues you are likely to find though is that text saved as images
            will have to be OCRed (Optical Character Recognition) before they
            become editable, and that often means careful corrections to the OCR
            product before actually setting out to finish what you wanted to do.

            It is likely to be a multi-stage process. Portable Document Format was
            designed to make the process difficult, and the PDF docs are usually a
            viewable/printable format, but not meant to be edited by downstream users.

            http://www.google.com/search?q=pdf+editing+freeware will offer some choices.