Re: [NTO] Looking for a replacement for a Windows widget

  • buralex@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2008
      loro <loro-spam01-@...> said on May 24, 2008 20:42 -0400 (in part):
      > I don't know what it's called, so I can't even search for it. The
      > window that pops up when you Alt+Tab. If you have several instances
      > of the same program it's hard to see which is which. Yeah, the text
      > on the title row is down below, but I find it a little hard to read
      > and above all it makes switching windows slow. It's actually faster
      > to look at the buttons on the task bar. Has anyone seen a replacement
      > for this thing?
      Hi Lotta:
      I think there are number of them around. Google (w/o quotes) alt tab
      replacement
      Top of the list is one from WinXP power toys (free)

      The one I'm familiar with ('cause I was involved in beta-testing) is
      Alt-Tab-It from PCMag.
      http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1912377,00.asp?kc=PCZD10510TTX1K0001031
      btw: PC Mag Utilities used to be free until a couple of years ago. Now
      they are around $8 each or $15 for a year's subscription which allows
      downloading of their entire back list and any new ones (approx 1-month)
      during the coming year.
      > Oh yes, what is it called?
      In the article its referred to as "Alt?" which doesn't make it easy to
      Google for ;-)

      Regards ... Alec -- buralex-gmail

      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2008
        Alec wrote:
        >I think there are number of them around. Google (w/o quotes) alt tab
        >replacement

        What quotes? ;-o) Duh. That simple... Found a lot and they all looked
        the same, so I settled on this free one to start with (link below).
        But it seems good, is mall and very customizable. Once I got rid of
        all the shadows and things it looked nice, so I'll probably stick with it.

        <http://www.ntwind.com/software/taskswitchxp.html?>

        Thanks!