Re: [NTO] Making sense out of web stats

  • Mike Breiding
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2008
      sisterscape wrote:
      > Here are my Webalizer stats for last month:
      >
      > Total Hits 284810
      > Total Files 250245
      > Total Pages 39315
      > Total Visits 19117
      > Total KBytes 6701576
      > Total Unique Sites 13691
      > Total Unique URLs 636
      > Total Unique Referrers 1439
      > Total Unique User Agents 1346

      What is the URL for your site?
      > I don't often look at Webalizer - prefer AWStats - so here they are for
      > comparison:
      >
      > Month - Unique visitors - Number of visits - Pages - Hits - Bandwidth
      >
      > Apr 2008 9651 13443 35573 249382 4.34 GB

      I will look into using AWStats. Thanks for the tip.

      > Just remember that every file loaded supposedly counts as a 'hit'. I
      > find the numbers themselves aren't as important as the month to month
      > shifts up or down. Over time you get a feeling for interest in the
      > site.

      Mine is a vanity site. When I have new material the notice goes out to
      about 500 indivisuals.
      So, some months there is very little activity and then it will spike
      when I put up new material.

      Thanks,
      -Mike
      www.EpicRoadTrips.us