Re: [NTO] A very simple question about XP and Vista

  • Gerard Huijing
    Message 1 of 6 , May 12, 2008
      Bruce Meyers wrote:

      > My question is this: Can I download SP3 for Windows XP Home or Windows
      > XP Pro on the laptop runnning Vista? If I just download and save I
      > should be able to transfer a file from the laptop to one of the
      > desktops and then run it there. It would seem to be okay as long as I
      > don't try to use an XP file on a Vista computer.

      Another link, this time to download the ISO-image for SP3 so that you
      can burn an update CD.

      http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2fcde6ce-b5fb-4488-8c50-fe22559d164e&displaylang=en

      Please note that you do not burn an ISO image in the "normal" way, but
      modern burning programs (mostly) have a special option for burning ISO
      images.

      You also asked about sites for sites for questions re Windows. There are
      a lot. Apart from exploring Microsoft itself, you can try for instance:

      www.bleepingcomputer.com

      But there are a lot more.

      Cheers,
      Gerard

      --
      Gerard (E.G.P.) Huijing
      2312 ZD Leiden
      Message 2 of 6 , May 12, 2008
        Hi
        yes you can download SP2,SP3 burn to CD or USB stik take home and install at
        will from the site below. http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/index.html
        there are other things there to.
        THANKYOU DAVE M