Making sense out of web stats

  • Mike Breiding
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2008
      Greetings,
      Anyone have any ideas if these stats are high, low or average?
      You may ask: "Compared to what?"
      To that I would answer: "I don't know". ;-)

      Feedback appreciated.
      -Mike
      ====================
      See:
      -------
      http://epicroadtrips.us/webalizer/usage_200710.html

      Total Hits 108105
      Total Files 86131
      Total Pages 8306
      Total Visits 3638
      Total KBytes 3420756

      Total Unique Sites 1700
      Total Unique URLs 3172
      Total Unique Referrers 441
      Total Unique User Agents 223
      -----
    • sisterscape
      Message 2 of 3 , May 11, 2008
        Here are my Webalizer stats for last month:

        Total Hits 284810
        Total Files 250245
        Total Pages 39315
        Total Visits 19117
        Total KBytes 6701576
        Total Unique Sites 13691
        Total Unique URLs 636
        Total Unique Referrers 1439
        Total Unique User Agents 1346

        I don't often look at Webalizer - prefer AWStats - so here they are for
        comparison:

        Month - Unique visitors - Number of visits - Pages - Hits - Bandwidth

        Apr 2008 9651 13443 35573 249382 4.34 GB

        Just remember that every file loaded supposedly counts as a 'hit'. I
        find the numbers themselves aren't as important as the month to month
        shifts up or down. Over time you get a feeling for interest in the
        site.

        The best stats ever were Urchin but when Google took over, they ruined
        that (for me at least).

        Sister

        --- Mike Breiding <mike@...> wrote:

        > Greetings,
        > Anyone have any ideas if these stats are high, low or average?
        > You may ask: "Compared to what?"
        > To that I would answer: "I don't know". ;-)
        >
        > Feedback appreciated.
        > -Mike
        > ====================
        > See:
        > -------
        > http://epicroadtrips.us/webalizer/usage_200710.html
        >
        > Total Hits 108105
        > Total Files 86131
        > Total Pages 8306
        > Total Visits 3638
        > Total KBytes 3420756
        >
        > Total Unique Sites 1700
        > Total Unique URLs 3172
        > Total Unique Referrers 441
        > Total Unique User Agents 223
        > -----

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
      • Mike Breiding
        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2008
          sisterscape wrote:
          > Here are my Webalizer stats for last month:
          >
          > Total Hits 284810
          > Total Files 250245
          > Total Pages 39315
          > Total Visits 19117
          > Total KBytes 6701576
          > Total Unique Sites 13691
          > Total Unique URLs 636
          > Total Unique Referrers 1439
          > Total Unique User Agents 1346

          What is the URL for your site?
          > I don't often look at Webalizer - prefer AWStats - so here they are for
          > comparison:
          >
          > Month - Unique visitors - Number of visits - Pages - Hits - Bandwidth
          >
          > Apr 2008 9651 13443 35573 249382 4.34 GB

          I will look into using AWStats. Thanks for the tip.

          > Just remember that every file loaded supposedly counts as a 'hit'. I
          > find the numbers themselves aren't as important as the month to month
          > shifts up or down. Over time you get a feeling for interest in the
          > site.

          Mine is a vanity site. When I have new material the notice goes out to
          about 500 indivisuals.
          So, some months there is very little activity and then it will spike
          when I put up new material.

          Thanks,
          -Mike
          www.EpicRoadTrips.us