Re: [NTO] Mozilla Add-On?

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 6 , May 7, 2008
      The Firefox HTML Validator is a add-on, and is here:

      https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=HTML+validator&cat=all

      --

      Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
      ~~

      "Proponents of each side are vying with determination to prove their ignorance is greater than the other."

      President Andrew Jackson, discussing a bill going through the US Congress.

      Visit http://ibssg.org/
      For The Blacksheep website, MORE...

      Putnam County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
      http://ingenweb.org/inputnam/bios/

      Montgomery County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
      http://ingenweb.org/inmontgomery/bios/

      Fountain County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
      http://ingenweb.org/infountain/vitals/bios/
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7, 2008
        loro wrote:
        > Look on the context menu.

        Thanks, I had not realized. But still it is not the same as a localy
        running add-on that permanently shows me a "zero errors" in the
        bottom right corner whenever I open one of my pages.

        Jeff Scism wrote:
        > The Firefox HTML Validator is a add-on, and is here:

        Exactly. Which is why I like it and was looking for something
        similar in Opera.

        My main quest is for a quick switching between two viewing modes in
        Firefox though:
        Tools -> Options -> Content -> Colours -> Allow On/Off
        OK
        Advanced -> Allow On/Off
        Mininimum Size None/13
        OK
        OK
        Those are many clicks for essentially one change and afterwards the
        same number to put it all back. There is a
        View -> Page Style
        with the options none and all, but no restrictions on and off.

        Axel
      • Julie
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7, 2008
          I would love to have a button on the toolbar to do that. Actually
          it's the only button I need, as I rarely use any of the others. I
          visit forums where the admins have the most poorly designed color
          schemes for reading and would love a quick on / off of the colors.

          Julie

          At 5/7/2008 12:30 PM, Axel Berger wrote:

          >My main quest is for a quick switching between two viewing modes in
          >Firefox though:
          >Tools -> Options -> Content -> Colours -> Allow On/Off
          > OK
          > Advanced -> Allow On/Off
          > Mininimum Size None/13
          > OK
          > OK
          >Those are many clicks for essentially one change and afterwards the
          >same number to put it all back. There is a
          >View -> Page Style
          >with the options none and all, but no restrictions on and off.
          >
          >Axel
        • Jeff Scism
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7, 2008
            FireFox being open source (Source Forge) has opportunities for
            developing add-ons or basic changes to make it the way you want it (or
            customizing). There are forums for suggesting changes.

            Jeff