Mozilla Add-On?

    Message 1 of 6 , May 7 1:55 AM
      My Firefox (1.5.0.12, I hate changinging running systems and
      nowadays updating anything just makes the buttons bigger uglier and
      harder to recognize) is set up to
      - ignore all colours and backgrounds
      - ignore all font specifications
      - limit the smallest font sizes to at least 13 px minimal size
      This helps a lot in making all those abominations out there legible
      (and highlights all those morons who hide important content in
      background wallpaper.

      If I want to view a page "as designed" (and incidentally allow all
      scripts) I open it in Opera. But only Firefox and not Opera has an
      extension that shows the validation rsult for every page opened in
      the status line and only Firefox not Opera has a "make fonts bigger"
      button. So I need it to check things too. Re-enabling all those
      things I disable by default takes at least half a dozen clicks every
      time, and the same number to get back. So what I'm looking for is a
      one click solution for this. There is one for "disable all CSS" but
      that's not what I'm after here. So far I've drawn blanks. Any hints?

      And by the way, a validation tool inside Opera, just like my "Html
      Validator 0.8.3.9" would be nice too, but does not seem to exist.

      Danke
      Message 2 of 6 , May 7 5:31 AM
        Axel wrote:
        >And by the way, a validation tool inside Opera, just like my "Html
        >Validator 0.8.3.9" would be nice too, but does not seem to exist.

        Look on the context menu.

        Lotta
      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 6 , May 7 5:37 AM
          The Firefox HTML Validator is a add-on, and is here:

          https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search?q=HTML+validator&cat=all

          --

          Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG
          ~~

          "Proponents of each side are vying with determination to prove their ignorance is greater than the other."

          President Andrew Jackson, discussing a bill going through the US Congress.

          Visit http://ibssg.org/
          For The Blacksheep website, MORE...

          Putnam County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
          http://ingenweb.org/inputnam/bios/

          Montgomery County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
          http://ingenweb.org/inmontgomery/bios/

          Fountain County Indiana Biographies and Obituaries
          http://ingenweb.org/infountain/vitals/bios/
          Message 4 of 6 , May 7 9:30 AM
            loro wrote:
            > Look on the context menu.

            Thanks, I had not realized. But still it is not the same as a localy
            running add-on that permanently shows me a "zero errors" in the
            bottom right corner whenever I open one of my pages.

            Jeff Scism wrote:
            > The Firefox HTML Validator is a add-on, and is here:

            Exactly. Which is why I like it and was looking for something
            similar in Opera.

            My main quest is for a quick switching between two viewing modes in
            Firefox though:
            Tools -> Options -> Content -> Colours -> Allow On/Off
            OK
            Advanced -> Allow On/Off
            Mininimum Size None/13
            OK
            OK
            Those are many clicks for essentially one change and afterwards the
            same number to put it all back. There is a
            View -> Page Style
            with the options none and all, but no restrictions on and off.

            Axel
          • Julie
            Message 5 of 6 , May 7 9:39 AM
              I would love to have a button on the toolbar to do that. Actually
              it's the only button I need, as I rarely use any of the others. I
              visit forums where the admins have the most poorly designed color
              schemes for reading and would love a quick on / off of the colors.

              Julie

              At 5/7/2008 12:30 PM, Axel Berger wrote:

              >My main quest is for a quick switching between two viewing modes in
              >Firefox though:
              >Tools -> Options -> Content -> Colours -> Allow On/Off
              > OK
              > Advanced -> Allow On/Off
              > Mininimum Size None/13
              > OK
              > OK
              >Those are many clicks for essentially one change and afterwards the
              >same number to put it all back. There is a
              >View -> Page Style
              >with the options none and all, but no restrictions on and off.
              >
              >Axel
            • Jeff Scism
              Message 6 of 6 , May 7 9:42 AM
                FireFox being open source (Source Forge) has opportunities for
                developing add-ons or basic changes to make it the way you want it (or
                customizing). There are forums for suggesting changes.

                Jeff