Re: [NTO] Safari problem

  • sisterscape
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2008
      Have you tried "text-align: center ;" on the relevant element? Much
      preferred to using a deprecated tag.

      As to text sizing . . . take a look at these solutions:

      http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/font/index.html#screens

      http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309991

      I'm not doing much designing lately to know your Safari answer but I
      bet you'd find one over at SitePoint.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2008
        sisterscape wrote:
        > Have you tried "text-align: center ;" on the relevant element?

        No, I don't want it centered. But I've solved it with a script.
        Unscripted users with a tiny default font size have to suffer a
        little ugliness without any loss of functionality. I suppose I can
        live with that.

        Should anyone be interested:
        http://fdp-odenthal.de

        In Mozilla try changing font size up and down
        (<Ctrl><+>,<Ctrl><->,<Ctrl><0> for default) with and (for small
        fonts) without script.

        At the same time I have solved the fixed menu. (Scroll down a little
        and than make the window smaller until it wouldn't fit anymore.) It
        always worked for all font sizes but could not recognize zooming in
        Opera and IE7 so that zoomed content could get too big for the
        window and stuff ended up behind the menu. Now it can.

        But still thanks for your input.

        Danke
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2008
          Axel Berger wrote:
          > In Mozilla try changing font size up and down

          Addendum: Don't forget to reload. Resizing the window triggers the
          script, but changing the font size and zooming don't.