Re: [NTO] Safari problem

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29 6:44 AM
      Hi
      I would put <center>xxxxxx</center> it is old fashioned but the text stays
      in the center no matter how wide the page is.
      THANKYOU DAVE M

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29 7:09 AM
        Have you tried "text-align: center ;" on the relevant element? Much
        preferred to using a deprecated tag.

        As to text sizing . . . take a look at these solutions:

        http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/font/index.html#screens

        http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309991

        I'm not doing much designing lately to know your Safari answer but I
        bet you'd find one over at SitePoint.

        Be a better friend, newshound, and
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29 9:17 AM
          sisterscape wrote:
          > Have you tried "text-align: center ;" on the relevant element?

          No, I don't want it centered. But I've solved it with a script.
          Unscripted users with a tiny default font size have to suffer a
          little ugliness without any loss of functionality. I suppose I can
          live with that.

          Should anyone be interested:
          http://fdp-odenthal.de

          In Mozilla try changing font size up and down
          (<Ctrl><+>,<Ctrl><->,<Ctrl><0> for default) with and (for small
          fonts) without script.

          At the same time I have solved the fixed menu. (Scroll down a little
          and than make the window smaller until it wouldn't fit anymore.) It
          always worked for all font sizes but could not recognize zooming in
          Opera and IE7 so that zoomed content could get too big for the
          window and stuff ended up behind the menu. Now it can.

          But still thanks for your input.

          Danke
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 29 9:21 AM
            Axel Berger wrote:
            > In Mozilla try changing font size up and down

            Addendum: Don't forget to reload. Resizing the window triggers the
            script, but changing the font size and zooming don't.