Re: [NTO] Reply to Marco

  • alice w
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20 3:55 PM
      > The W3C Consortium (these wise guys who try to define a standard for the
      > web) suggest to avoid the FONT tag and use CSS (Cascading Style Sheets),
      > but the behaviour of various browsers is so different that it seems nobody
      > listen the Consortium. So I prefer old FONT tags.
      >
      > Bye!
      >
      > Marco Bernardini

      and I use CSE HTML validator to make sure I don't forget closing tags and I
      get these two conflicting messages from it:

      9: <style type="text/css">
      [CSE] Message number 1 for the tag beginning in line 9:2:
      [5] STYLE and style sheets are supported by Internet
      Explorer 3.0+ and Netscape 4.0+. Other browsers may not use
      style information.

      [CSE] Message number 5 for the tag beginning in line 26:10:
      [9] In HTML 4.0, FONT is deprecated in favor of using style
      sheets. FONT may become obsolete in the future.

      IOW, don't use FONT and don't use STYLE either..... :-D

      alice ttlg

      If one...just one more weird thing happens this month, I'm going to go
      completely bat shit. -- Lusiphur Amerellis Malache