Some help please

  • M.M.
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hello,
      In a new assembled PC installed Win xp pro+sp2 and some other programs
      as needed.
      When this all finished I made the connection to the Internet and all is well
      until...
      Here is the problem: After some minutes surfing (any site), I suddenly
      cannot open any page, get the "blank page", so I right-click on the
      connection icon (near the clock) to disconnect it so I can renew the
      connection, but this function is now inoperative (stuck), the icon is there
      but nothing to do with it. The computer acts normally, other programs work,
      I only noticed lately at these moments there is no sound.
      The only thing I can do is reboot which helps for some minutes.
      When I am not connected to the Internet all is fine all day long.
      I ran AntiVirus (AVG free) several times - clean.
      I have a Firewall running, tried to disable it and disable the Windows
      firewall - it does not help.
      In the 'control panel'all device items are (+).
      I think I have described in short everything and would like to ask for some
      help.
      OS = Win xp pro+sp2
      CPU = Intel E-2140 1.6 GHz
      Ram = 1024 MB
      Board = Gigabyte GA-VM800PMC

      I have installed a seperate Lan card and made the connection once with the
      'onboard' Lan card and once with the separate card, its all the same.
      I could use ANY help, Please.
      Thanks in advance.
      Mordechai

    • Alex Plantema
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
        Op zondag 2 maart 2008 08:18 schreef M.M.:

        > In a new assembled PC installed Win xp pro+sp2 and some other programs
        > as needed.
        > When this all finished I made the connection to the Internet and all is
        > well until...
        > Here is the problem: After some minutes surfing (any site), I suddenly
        > cannot open any page, get the "blank page", so I right-click on the
        > connection icon (near the clock) to disconnect it so I can renew the
        > connection, but this function is now inoperative (stuck), the icon is
        > there but nothing to do with it. The computer acts normally, other
        > programs work, I only noticed lately at these moments there is no sound.
        > The only thing I can do is reboot which helps for some minutes.
        > When I am not connected to the Internet all is fine all day long.
        > I ran AntiVirus (AVG free) several times - clean.
        > I have a Firewall running, tried to disable it and disable the Windows
        > firewall - it does not help.
        > In the 'control panel'all device items are (+).

        Did you install all updates?
        If not, your computer is infected.
        Did you surf with administrative permissions?
        If yes, your computer is infected.
        And never turn off the firewall please.
        It should run as a service, i.e. even when you're not logged in.

        Alex.
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
          Hi
          always leave your firewall on.
          if you are administrator go to you cookies and delete all except index.
          then go to temporary Internet files and delete the lot ,control A then
          delete it may take a while.
          go to you temp folders and delete the contents as well.
          down load a adware remover and run that.
          does properties on your LAN connection show you that you are connected and
          firewalled.
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          > In a new assembled PC installed Win xp pro+sp2 and some other programs
          > as needed.
          > When this all finished I made the connection to the Internet and all is
          > well
          > until...
          > Here is the problem: After some minutes surfing (any site), I suddenly
          > cannot open any page, get the "blank page", so I right-click on the
          > connection icon (near the clock) to disconnect it so I can renew the
          > connection, but this function is now inoperative (stuck), the icon is
          > there
          > but nothing to do with it. The computer acts normally, other programs
          > work,
          > I only noticed lately at these moments there is no sound.
          > The only thing I can do is reboot which helps for some minutes.
          > When I am not connected to the Internet all is fine all day long.
          > I ran AntiVirus (AVG free) several times - clean.
          > I have a Firewall running, tried to disable it and disable the Windows
          > firewall - it does not help.
          > In the 'control panel'all device items are (+).
          > I think I have described in short everything and would like to ask for
          > some
          > help.
          > OS = Win xp pro+sp2
          > CPU = Intel E-2140 1.6 GHz
          > Ram = 1024 MB
          > Board = Gigabyte GA-VM800PMC
          >
          > I have installed a seperate Lan card and made the connection once with the
          > 'onboard' Lan card and once with the separate card, its all the same.
          > I could use ANY help, Please.
          > Thanks in advance.
          > Mordechai

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2008
            Hi
            make a second partition and store a copy of c:\ partition not the whole
            drive.
            when you get the machine correct suggest obtain copy of ghost or equiv.
            which is DOS based or
            go to http://www.runtime.org/dixml.htm and get DriveImage XML "free" does
            live copy of active partition .
            THANKYOU DAVE M