Re: HelpSmith - GiveawayOfTheDay

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2008
      --- In ntb-OffTopic@yahoogroups.com, buralex@... wrote:

      > buralex@... said on Feb 07, 2008 5:44 -0500 (in part):
      > > Sheri:
      > > This is mostly for you 'cause I know you've frequently prepared
      > > or updated CHM help files, but maybe others here might be
      > > interested too ? Does this program offer anything not already
      > > available for free if you hunt around?

      Well, I'll prefer to continue to edit my sources as html files and
      compile/decompile (as needed) directly in the free Microsoft HTML Help
      Workshop.

      Out of curiosity I did install HelpSmith and imported an existing help
      project. Not only was all the existing formatting lost, it also
      deleted all the anchors so bookmarks in the contents and index don't
      work in resulting CHMs.

      This is an word processor that wants to create your htm files from
      formatted text and act as a front end for HTML Help Workshop. You
      could do the same thing in NoteTab with a few clips. I would prefer to
      see my Wysiwyg in a browser window.

      But thanks anyway for putting me on to these giveaways. :)

      Regards,
      Sheri