Why I hate Firewalls!

  • Bruce Meyers
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008
      I have tried several firewalls since I have had a computer and I have
      never found one I liked. Someone recently mentioned one I had not heard
      of called "comodo". I looked for it, downloaded it, and installed it.
      It began to give me problems from the moment I installed it, but I
      thought I could live with that.
      Then I discovered that I could not call IE7. I tried everything I
      could think of and finally uninstalled comodo and IE7 was available to
      me again. I won't install comodo again.
      Can anyone recommend what you consider an excellent firewall that you
      have some control over? That is, can you tell it what to allow? Or do
      all firewalls have their own rules that you must live by if you are
      going to use them?
      By the way, I am running two computers - one running XPPro and the
      other running XPHome. (I also have a new laptop running Vista - just
      learning to use that.)
      Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
      Bruce
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008
        Hi
        I bought Norton just the firewall comes with add remover goes a far degree
        of control manual or automatic updates no problem also check the page below
        out .
        http://kadaitcha.cx/firewalls.html
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        >I have tried several firewalls since I have had a computer and I have
        > never found one I liked. Someone recently mentioned one I had not heard
        > of called "comodo". I looked for it, downloaded it, and installed it.
        > It began to give me problems from the moment I installed it, but I
        > thought I could live with that.
        > Then I discovered that I could not call IE7. I tried everything I
        > could think of and finally uninstalled comodo and IE7 was available to
        > me again. I won't install comodo again.
        > Can anyone recommend what you consider an excellent firewall that you
        > have some control over? That is, can you tell it what to allow? Or do
        > all firewalls have their own rules that you must live by if you are
        > going to use them?
        > By the way, I am running two computers - one running XPPro and the
        > other running XPHome. (I also have a new laptop running Vista - just
        > learning to use that.)
        > Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.
        > Bruce
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • MrPhillip
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008
          ZoneAlarm is free for individuals and very customizeable as to what you allow or disallow...
          http://www.zonealarm.com/store/catalog/products/sku_list_za.jsp

          Also, Windows has a firewall you can download too. Poke around microsoft to find it.

          Mr Phillip

          >I bought Norton just the firewall comes with add remover goes a far degree
          >of control manual or automatic updates no problem also check the page below
          >out .
          >http://kadaitcha.cx/firewalls.html
          > THANKYOU DAVE M

          Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II