Re: [NTO] MySql question(s)

  • WV-Mike
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
      At 09:47 AM 1/2/2008 , Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
      >snip
      > >
      > > I think for nowI will just put up my dads material as simple web pages.
      > >
      > > I do not want to take the chance of doing a bunch of work related to PHP
      > > MySQL and then have it be for nothing.
      > > Thanks,
      > > -Mike
      > > <http://epicroadtrips.us/>http://epicroadtrips.us/
      > >
      >Overcome your fear and get it into a cms (in this case wordpress). I
      >love wordpress almost as much as notetab itself. It allows you to
      >manipulate, work on layout free of content, etc. Go for it!

      Hi Don,
      I am not sure WordPress will work for me.
      I will need many fields for data entry and it looks to me like WP is
      limited to what is available from the Dahsboard.

      But, I don't really know much about this.

      -Mike

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
        Hi
        I still think you should try a single column down one side for say your bird
        types ,first page what's going on then click on bird type or do it by day
        you then scroll to which ever day one wants each page would have the goings
        on of that day or say bird. ?
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > At 09:47 AM 1/2/2008 , Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
        >>snip
        >> >
        >> > I think for nowI will just put up my dads material as simple web pages.
        >> >
        >> > I do not want to take the chance of doing a bunch of work related to
        >> > PHP
        >> > MySQL and then have it be for nothing.
        >> > Thanks,
        >> > -Mike
        >> > <http://epicroadtrips.us/>http://epicroadtrips.us/
        >> >
        >>Overcome your fear and get it into a cms (in this case wordpress). I
        >>love wordpress almost as much as notetab itself. It allows you to
        >>manipulate, work on layout free of content, etc. Go for it!
        >
        > Hi Don,
        > I am not sure WordPress will work for me.
        > I will need many fields for data entry and it looks to me like WP is
        > limited to what is available from the Dahsboard.
        >
        > But, I don't really know much about this.
        >
        > -Mike

      • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
          WV-Mike wrote:
          > At 09:47 AM 1/2/2008 , Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
          >> snip
          >>> I think for nowI will just put up my dads material as simple web pages.
          >>>
          >>> I do not want to take the chance of doing a bunch of work related to PHP
          >>> MySQL and then have it be for nothing.
          >>> Thanks,
          >>> -Mike
          >>> <http://epicroadtrips.us/>http://epicroadtrips.us/
          >>>
          >> Overcome your fear and get it into a cms (in this case wordpress). I
          >> love wordpress almost as much as notetab itself. It allows you to
          >> manipulate, work on layout free of content, etc. Go for it!
          >
          > Hi Don,
          > I am not sure WordPress will work for me.
          > I will need many fields for data entry and it looks to me like WP is
          > limited to what is available from the Dahsboard.
          >
          > But, I don't really know much about this.
          >
          > -Mike

          Well Mike,

          I don't know your context, but WordPress and many other CMS systems
          allow custom variables, so you can create the fields that you need.

          Don
        • WV-Mike
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
            At 02:01 PM 1/4/2008 , you wrote:
            >Well Mike,
            >
            >I don't know your context, but WordPress and many other CMS systems
            >allow custom variables, so you can create the fields that you need.

            Okey-Doke.
            Will keep looking into this.
            -Mike