Re: [NTO] MySql question(s)

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 31, 2007
      Hi
      I still like the other ways but I do wish you luck it looks a lot of work ?
      THANKYOU DAVE M happy new year

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 1, 2008
        Bob Janes wrote:
        > Hi Mike,
        >
        > WV-Mike wrote:
        >> Can anyone tell me if data entered in Excel or Access can be imported into
        > MySql?

        If you have data in the right format it is easy to use phpmyadmin to
        import it to your database.
        I also have written clips to take info from an excel spreadsheet and
        simply enter it into wordpress one entry at a time. This is better
        because one entry into wordpress may make entries in three or four
        different tables as there are interrelationships.
      • WV-Mike
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
          At 10:56 PM 1/1/2008 , you wrote:

          >Bob Janes wrote:
          > > Hi Mike,
          > >
          > > WV-Mike wrote:
          > >> Can anyone tell me if data entered in Excel or Access can be imported into
          > > MySql?
          >
          >If you have data in the right format it is easy to use phpmyadmin to
          >import it to your database.

          I am not too swift on this stuff right now, but will have to be at some point.

          >I also have written clips to take info from an excel spreadsheet and
          >simply enter it into wordpress one entry at a time. This is better
          >because one entry into wordpress may make entries in three or four
          >different tables as there are interrelationships.

          I think for nowI will just put up my dads material as simple web pages.

          I do not want to take the chance of doing a bunch of work related to PHP
          MySQL and then have it be for nothing.
          Thanks,
          -Mike
          http://epicroadtrips.us/

          YOUR HELP IS NEEDED !!

          Please click on National Geographic link to cast a VOTE
          for Blackwater Canyon as America's next National Park!

          See full story in May 2004 Edition of
          National Geographic Adventure Magazine
          on sale at news stands now.

          Voting link also available at Friends of Blackwater
          http://www.saveblackwater.org/
          Help make the vision of Blackwater Canyon National Park a reality.

          Please forward this e-mail to your friends, and encourage them to vote for
          Blackwater Canyon in the
          National Geographic Adventure Magazine Poll
          http://www.nationalgeographic.com/adventure/0405/parks_poll.html
          for the next National Park in the United States.

        • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 2, 2008
            snip

            > I think for nowI will just put up my dads material as simple web pages.
            >
            > I do not want to take the chance of doing a bunch of work related to PHP
            > MySQL and then have it be for nothing.
            > Thanks,
            > -Mike
            > http://epicroadtrips.us/

            Overcome your fear and get it into a cms (in this case wordpress). I
            love wordpress almost as much as notetab itself. It allows you to
            manipulate, work on layout free of content, etc. Go for it!
          • WV-Mike
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
              At 09:47 AM 1/2/2008 , Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
              >snip
              > >
              > > I think for nowI will just put up my dads material as simple web pages.
              > >
              > > I do not want to take the chance of doing a bunch of work related to PHP
              > > MySQL and then have it be for nothing.
              > > Thanks,
              > > -Mike
              > > <http://epicroadtrips.us/>http://epicroadtrips.us/
              > >
              >Overcome your fear and get it into a cms (in this case wordpress). I
              >love wordpress almost as much as notetab itself. It allows you to
              >manipulate, work on layout free of content, etc. Go for it!

              Hi Don,
              I am not sure WordPress will work for me.
              I will need many fields for data entry and it looks to me like WP is
              limited to what is available from the Dahsboard.

              But, I don't really know much about this.

              -Mike

            • Dave
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                Hi
                I still think you should try a single column down one side for say your bird
                types ,first page what's going on then click on bird type or do it by day
                you then scroll to which ever day one wants each page would have the goings
                on of that day or say bird. ?
                THANKYOU DAVE M

                > At 09:47 AM 1/2/2008 , Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
                >>snip
                >> >
                >> > I think for nowI will just put up my dads material as simple web pages.
                >> >
                >> > I do not want to take the chance of doing a bunch of work related to
                >> > PHP
                >> > MySQL and then have it be for nothing.
                >> > Thanks,
                >> > -Mike
                >> > <http://epicroadtrips.us/>http://epicroadtrips.us/
                >> >
                >>Overcome your fear and get it into a cms (in this case wordpress). I
                >>love wordpress almost as much as notetab itself. It allows you to
                >>manipulate, work on layout free of content, etc. Go for it!
                >
                > Hi Don,
                > I am not sure WordPress will work for me.
                > I will need many fields for data entry and it looks to me like WP is
                > limited to what is available from the Dahsboard.
                >
                > But, I don't really know much about this.
                >
                > -Mike

              • Don - HtmlFixIt.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                  WV-Mike wrote:
                  > At 09:47 AM 1/2/2008 , Don - HtmlFixIt.com wrote:
                  >> snip
                  >>> I think for nowI will just put up my dads material as simple web pages.
                  >>>
                  >>> I do not want to take the chance of doing a bunch of work related to PHP
                  >>> MySQL and then have it be for nothing.
                  >>> Thanks,
                  >>> -Mike
                  >>> <http://epicroadtrips.us/>http://epicroadtrips.us/
                  >>>
                  >> Overcome your fear and get it into a cms (in this case wordpress). I
                  >> love wordpress almost as much as notetab itself. It allows you to
                  >> manipulate, work on layout free of content, etc. Go for it!
                  >
                  > Hi Don,
                  > I am not sure WordPress will work for me.
                  > I will need many fields for data entry and it looks to me like WP is
                  > limited to what is available from the Dahsboard.
                  >
                  > But, I don't really know much about this.
                  >
                  > -Mike

                  Well Mike,

                  I don't know your context, but WordPress and many other CMS systems
                  allow custom variables, so you can create the fields that you need.

                  Don
                • WV-Mike
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 4, 2008
                    At 02:01 PM 1/4/2008 , you wrote:
                    >Well Mike,
                    >
                    >I don't know your context, but WordPress and many other CMS systems
                    >allow custom variables, so you can create the fields that you need.

                    Okey-Doke.
                    Will keep looking into this.
                    -Mike